Master Minded

zebs

At the Start
From ATR .....

Punters attending the Punchestown Festival could be in for a treat after Paul Nicholls revealed stunning Queen Mother Champion Chase winner Master Minded could run at the meeting.

Despite the five-year-old racing off level weights at Prestbury Park, Nicholls' new star would receive a 7lb weight-for-age allowance in the Kerrygold Champion Chase on April 22.

Although Master Minded was likely to have been saved until the Tingle Creek in December, Nicholls and owner Clive Smith will now discuss the possibility of taking him to Ireland.

Nicholls told At The Races "Immediately after the race I said that I was thinking of not running Master Minded again (this season), but I've had a look at the programme book.

"At Punchestown the five-year-olds still get a 7lb allowance in the Champion Chase so we can run him in that getting 7lb off all the other horses, which is very attractive.

"I've mentioned that to Clive so we'll enter him and have a chat about it - there is an outside possibility that, if we're all happy, he could run there. After all, he's not going to run until the Tingle Creek which is a long way away."

Back