Meydan City

trackside528

At the Start
While everyone is concentrating on the final day of Royal Ascot, Godolphin's USD$11.7 million Kingmambo colt Meydan City makes his debut this evening over a mile on the July Course under Philip Robinson.

Any word on how he's been at home, Chris? Will be very interesting to see how he gets on.

He goes okay but is no good thing. He will come on for the run and won't be knocked about, however this isn't a great maiden and he may get away with it.

He will be a nice sort over middle distances later in the year.

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@Jun 21 2008, 02:39 PM
He goes okay but is no good thing. He will come on for the run and won't be knocked about, however this isn't a great maiden and he may get away with it.

He will be a nice sort over middle distances later in the year.
Thanks for being so honest Chris and your views would certainly be enough for me not to back him at 2's. I'm taking him on with Kinnego Bay who has a nice formline with corrybrough from last year. He's hit and miss, and is a tentative selection but I think he'll run well.

Backed into 8/11 from 9/4 on betfair then out to odds against.Didn't look any great shakes but maybe he will have improvement in him.

Back