Monday 1st July 2024

yorick

Conditional
Absolute joy and crazy scenes in my house yesterday. I don't know how it affected you but I was just ecstatic; so much frustration after months of trying to find out what's going wrong, tinkering with the system and yet still faltering, day in, day out. Until, finally, I managed to find a decently-priced winner to share on my blog. 9/1 and won like a good 'un, eh? lol

So, it's back to Monday mundanity as, once again, we trawl through the murky depths of today's cards in our attempts to find something worth backing amongst the small fry.

I nearly had two to go with but I threw Rohaan back into the waters after thinking of Outsider's oft repeated mantra that they wouldn't want to spoil his mark for such a small pot. He is entered for the Stewards Cup, after all. So, after all my studying in that race, there's just one selection left for me today:

Reigning Profit - 6.30 Wolverhampton 15/2 (Skybet) Ew

I was taken with his run at Hamilton in June where he was 2nd last at the 2f pole, by the time he got going it was too late but in finishing well in 6th, was making up lots of ground at the line. 3Lbs higher than LWR on turf, this one is versatile re going. Down 4Lbs since that run, which posted a fast time so I'm having a go here on his return to Wolverhampton where he's won twice previously. Finding a Ruth Carr winner at the moment is like looking for hen's teeth but I live in hope. Last night showed us we must never give up hope. Not that I'm comparing Ruth Carr to Jude Bellingham, of course haha.

Back