Monday 6th June 2023

yorick

Conditional
Two I fancy tomorrow:

Squealer - 7.15 Windsor

A Couple of notebook comments reveal:

'Squealer
20/08/22 York 5f G/f

This was run at lightening pace and, last with a furlong to run, Squealer made up lovely ground to suggest that 6f would suit but, whatever, this was a run to show that she has some class alright.

04/09/22 York 5.5f g – g/sft in places

Fulfilled that promise to win at 4/1 and show that 6f will suit '

Her first outing this season was on soft ground: not to her liking. Her second and latest run was a tall order indeed against older horses this early in the season. This race is a step up to 6f, which I believe will suit and a step down in class from Cl2 to Cl3.

Trainer Tinkler is not exactly ripping up the turf with his runners at present but has a good record on the course.

All things considered, I think Sqealer's worth a go. We can have 25/1 365 for 3 places or 20/1 Skybet for 4. I think I'll probably plump for Sky.

Next is:

Baez - 3.45 Ayr 5/1 Ew

I noted this one making decent headway lto and this extra yardage is something she'll relish, I think. I must acknowledge a great deal of respect for Annandale. A worthy favourite and may well win but I'll stick to Baez and expect the new trip will bring about improvement. I must acknowledge a great deal of respect for Annandale. A worthy favourite and may well win but I'll stick to Baez and expect the new trip will bring about improvement.

2 x Ew singles
Ew double

When I saw squealer running I backed it but didnt know why it just rang a bell.
Then I saw you put it up so maybe that's why it rang the bell.

Typical Goldie shenanigans: 5th of five, fourth of five, fourteenth of fourteen, then it wins here, beating 'better fancied' stablemate.

Of course. What else?

Last edited:
Back