more confussion

sunybay

At the Start
BRITAIN is about to come into line with the rest of the racing world, except Ireland, by numbering starting stalls on all racecourses from the inside.

At present, draw positions begin on the right, as viewed from the stands, which creates a different configuration depending on whether the track is right or left-handed.

The positioning of the stalls will not change, but punters used to taking into account any draw advantage will have to reverse the established thinking on data from 11 courses.

Those tracks – Ascot, Beverley, Carlisle, Folkestone, Kempton, Leicester, Musselburgh, both Newmarket courses, Ripon and Sandown – are being designated right-handed, along with Goodwood, Hamilton, Salisbury and Windsor, even though those four racecourses include left-handed turns.

I'm increasingly getting turned off by the flat. May dip in to the odd big race next year but apart from that it's a headache I don't need. The jumps is enthralling enough for me.:D I think I'm in the 'flat is mostly shite crowd' now.

Ps, young Krizon broke this news about 6cm down the page.:p

Last edited:
Back