Morning Supreme

Irish Stamp

Forum Moderator
Anyone have any idea as to where this mare is likely to run?

Impressed me in the Champion Bumper last season - one of the few on the front end to be relatively close up at the finish and is 2/2 over hurdles.

I see she's entered in the Deloitte Novices Hurdle but anyone know if she's likely to run at Cheltenham?

Ducks a clash with DUnguib on Sunday.I presume you are thinking about the mares hurdle at the festival.I have a gut feeling that Quevega won't run in that race.I have had a modest bet on Asturienne at odds between 200 & 280.

That's the one Luke - same here with regards to Quevega, not convinced that Mullins won't switch her to the Champion Hurdle should The Hurricane not make it (which must be massive odds-on at the moment). Would leave the way open for Morning Supreme.

Not convinced that Voler La Vedette will win the race - think she was flattered by her defeat of Go Native who seems an in and out performer (see defeats to Hurricane Fly followed by wins at Cheltenham, Newcastle, Kempton etc.) and outside of her you're left with Whiteoak (looks gone at the game to me), Stravinsky Dance (on form no more than a 135 horse), United (retired) and then Argento Luna (OR128), Alegralil (runs tomorrow, unexposed filly but beaten nothing thus far), Silk Affair, Candy Creek, Caroles Legacy all of whom look pretty poor compared to the top two in the betting.

Given how Morning Supreme behaved pre-race for both the Champion Bumper and the Aintree race and how she ran throughout the race she did well to finish as close up as she did.

The other front-runners/handy horses at Cheltenham finished 4th (Quel Esprit), 8th (Shinrock Paddy), 12th (Long Strand), 20th (Double Dash), 21st (Lightening Rod), 22nd (Cadspeed), 23rd (Bygones of Brid) and 24th (Quinola Des Obeaux).

She's been exceptionally impressive in her two hurdles runs thus far this season and given what those in behind at Cheltenham have gone on to achieve I'd be disappointed if they didn't at least have a crack at this (though she also holds a Supreme Novices entry).

I thought Quevegas price should have shortened after the mares hurdle at Ascot but she actually went a slightly bigger price.Also the really big prices on her for the champion seem to get taken every few days.

Yeah - I backed her after the Mares race last year for the Champion based on how she won and the decent enough horses in behind (together with some time calculations I did). Think she'll be better on better ground owing to her physical stature as she took a while to pick up at Punchestown and was never in the race having been hampered on soft ground at Auteuil too.

Think if she were to run she'd win but will be able to get 7/4 on the day IMO without a prep run or if she has a prep run I'll be backing her before that (Punchestown at the end of the month would do nicely again).

There's a decent mares hurdle tomorrow at Doncaster - the top rated is Amber Brook at 142 so with the exception of Alegralil who may well demolish these I'd be disappointed if the winner of the Cheltenham race were to come out of that.

Ran no sort of race - King's horses aren't in great form at the moment though so something may come to light.
They're in decent form since the turn of the year - over 50% making the first three and showing a LSP of £155.10 to a tenner stake. Some have respiratory infections at the moment so hopefully that's what's affected Asturienne.

Yeah i've noticed a big change with Kings yard. Throwing out plenty of winners in the last 2 weeks or so.

Have gone into chase mode and laid the last fav at Wolves fairly heavy at 4-6.if this one wins it's a few stiff drinks and bed by 9.

Contrarian point of view regarding Morning Supreme-what does her bumper form mean over hurdles -there was an outstanding winner of the race but a horse like Cranky Corner beat horses that he wouldn't get near over hurdles.
Secondly what has she beaten over hurdles.
Thirdly the fact that Willie didn't enter her at the 5 day stage for Cheltenham is a negative in my opinion.He does like to keep his options open so why not an entry at the 5 day stage.
If I can lay her at 4-6 tomorrow I am getting stuck in.

I fancied her at Cheltenham and do wonder why Willie Mullins has opted for this race? In view of the change in heart going to back against her and do Blazing Tempo.

Wouldn't use Cranky Corner's hurdles form to crab anything to be honest - he's been with Jonjo since, we've already seen what he can do with a top bumper horse and a few hurdles with Theatrical Moment.

Back