Marina Of Venice
Marquesa
Miss Puss
Rare Ransom
Shimah
Solasai
Sugar Free

Tony O'Hehir

AGAIN will bid to give trainer David Wachman a second Group 1 in the space of a week if she pleases in a workout over the next couple of days before the Moyglare Stud Stakes at theCurragh on Sunday.

Winner of the Group 2 Debutante Stakes at Leopardstown on her most recent start, Again is quoted between 12-1 and 16-1 for the Stanjamesuk.com 1,000 Guineas and her rivals in Sunday's Curragh feature are likely to include the other two fillies, Cuis Ghaire and Shimah, who are just behind the favourite, Rainbow View, in the betting for the Newmarket Classic.

Cashmans make Again, who is owned in partnership by Michael Tabor and Sue Magnier, 9-4 favourite for Sunday's big race with Shimah 5-2 and Cuis Ghaire 4-1, while Blue Square have Again at 7-4, with Shimah 7-2.

Speaking at the Doncaster Sales yesterday, Wachman, who landed the Prix Morny with Bushranger on Sunday, said: "Again seems to be fine following her win at Leopardstown and the chances are that she will run on Sunday. She will do a bit over the next few days when I get home from here and we'll see how she goes.

"I'm not sure yet who will ride her as Johnny Murtagh, who rode her to win the Debutante Stakes, and Wayne Lordan, who rode her in her first two races, are both suspended."

Cuis Ghaire, available at up to 14-1 for the 1,000 Guineas, has suffered two defeats since completing a hat-trick in the Albany Stakes at Royal Ascot and beat only one home when eighth behind Again in the Debutante.

Bolger said yesterday: "Cuis Ghaire is in good form and we'll be happy to run her on Sunday once the ground is reasonable. It doesn't have to be good ground, but we will want it a lot better than it was at Leopardstown."

The ground at the Curragh was on Tuesday described as heavy on the straight course and soft on the round track, although racecourse manager Paul Hensey said he was hopeful of a significant improvement in the ground for Sunday.

The forecast was welcomed by Kevin Prendergast, trainer of Shimah, winner of both her starts and who will be stepping up to 7f for the first time.

The Storm Cat filly, who trades between 12-1 and 16-1 for the Guineas, missed the Phoenix Stakes this month because the ground was considered too fast.

Prendergast said: "Shimah is in good shape and the weather forecast is encouraging. If it's right then she will turn up on Sunday. She doesn't want it too testing or too fast - if we get good or yielding ground, it would be fine for her."

Aidan O'Brien, who has trained four winners of the race, will not be represented in Sunday's renewal having taken out all nine fillies at yesterday's final forfeit stage that he had entered.

The 17 acceptors include two trained in Britain: Richard Hannon's Baileys Cacao and the Mick Channon-trained Danidh Dubai.

MOYGLARE STUD STAKES
Blue Square: 7-4 Again, 7-2 Shimah, 4 Cuis Ghaire, 7 Sugar Free, 8 Rare Ransom, 12 Marquesa, Bailey Cacao,14 Dreamtheimpossible, 16 Miss Puss, Beyond Our Reach, 20 bar.

Cashmans: 9-4 Again, 5-2 Shimah, 4 Cuis Ghaire, 7 Baileys Cacao, 8 Rare Ransom, 10 Beyond Our Reach, 12 Sugar Free, 14 Danidh Dubai, 20 bar.

Looks a really good renewal in prospect.

Bolger continues his kid glove treatment as well it seems. Stop wrapping the fillies in cotton wool FFS! :D

I have a few mates looking to head down to the Curragh tommorrow via public transport. I just read on the Curragh's website that there are courtesy buses running from Dublin on racedays from Hesuton, but it doesn't specify a time. Can anyone confirm this and, if so, what time do the buses leave?

Having never taken them myself, I'm fairly clueless to be honest.

Special buses to Curragh races

Bus Éireann will run special bus services from Dublin to the Curragh Races on Sunday 5 September.
Special buses will depart Busáras 90 minutes before the start of the first race, returning to Dublin immediately after the meeting finishes. Tickets for these services cost €13 return and must be booked in advance at Busáras or at the Bus Éireann ticket desk at 59 Upper O’Connell Street.

Buses run from Busaras starting 90 mins prior to the first race. There is a charge however.

I prefer to take the train from Heuston to Kildare with a free bus out to the Curragh (about 3 miles).

Sorry you're dead on, Gareth. Bus leaves from Busaras.

I'd imagine the handiest option would just be to get the train from Heuston to Kildare and take the shuttle to Kildare. Anybody know when exactly the shuttles run until?

I usually get there early but the busses will run as long as people show up usually around first race time.

They will be leaving the Curragh after last race or even before once the buses get full. There is usually a mad rush to get on them if the place is busy.

There is a Curragh train station just by the track but the train only stops there on Classic race days. It is a shame the station is not used on all race days. The platform needs to be raised about two feet to make it easier to get off and on.

Back