Bayberry King lies second
Sweet World leads
Sweet World going well
Global Strategy & Wise Men Say prominent
Global Strategy third
High Profit lies second
Bayberry King leads
Bawn Boy lies second

If anyone can find a replay online, please post it. It's a must see race.

It was funny live, he was going up the run in, waving and came in blowing kisses to the crowd lol

Last edited:
He's a lovely bloke, he's come in and rode out for years, he's been baggering Colin for rides for months and said could he ride this boat as no one thought it would win again, sure proved us wrong sentimentally backed by all and now significantly richer, good ole ant.

To say on Colin's Christmas party day get together (loads of his owners and mates were there today) at Wincanton everyone was a bit tipsy was funny enough but the fact it won was hilarious, he came into the winners, taking a bow and everything. He's in his 40s and is nice as pie,

Remember its not how you look its how you get the job done.

Really made everyones day and no doubt Ant will never forget it, the upstairs bar at Wincanton was in histerics and to say he got a warm welcome into the winners was an understatement, I don't think I've heard a louder reception in all my days, it would have beat Denman's Gold Cup return anyday.

Problem is no one will dare hear the end of it now.

Last edited:
Thanks Arkwright but I'm still being asked to pay 20p for it. Not sure what i'm doing wrong.

BREAKING NEWS "!!!!!

Rory I hear your in the Joe Tizzard fan Club. After all you have said about him as well.

He's a lovely bloke, he's come in and rode out for years, he's been baggering Colin for rides for months and said could he ride this boat as no one thought it would win again,

Funny that, Flame - Knott owns the horse. So somehow I doubt he's been 'baggering [sic]Colin for rides for months and said could he ride this boat", don't you?

He can't have done the animal much good, thumping around heavily on its back - even the racecourse commentator mentioned his 'unorthodox handling' - which is about the kindest thing I think of to say about it!

Funny that, Flame - Knott owns the horse. So somehow I doubt he's been 'baggering [sic]Colin for rides for months and said could he ride this boat", don't you?

He can't have done the animal much good, thumping around heavily on its back - even the racecourse commentator mentioned his 'unorthodox handling' - which is about the kindest thing I think of to say about it!

Wasn't aware he owned it Dom, however he had been baggering Colin to let him ride it, don't forget not all trainers want owners to ride their horses, especially if they don't rate them as jockeys. Owner clearly had the last laugh here.

He's only owned the horse for 3 weeks, so possibly he bought it just so he could ride it!

I think it's a lovely story, like Barry whatsit at Cheltenham on Sunday
Imo amateurs bring a lot to NH racing and the crazier they are the better!

Barry Connell is a bit different heads, he aint a bad rider and rides his all the time. He rides his horses nearly in 9/10 of their races and actually rides quite a few winners.

Back