Myboycharlie

Guest_

At the Start
Fast ground, first time out as a 3 year old...RP have put him in at odds on. Surely worth laying at that price?

Will also pass on a negative word Arch Swing, from what I heard she is not training well and connections are more hopeful than confident.

Snaefell is the one i think to be following this year, although i feel it would help if the horse could get its toe in a bit. Still, i will be a layer of Myboycharlie tomorrow with a small win on Snaefell. Can only improve on what it done last year and sprinting is never easy for 3yos i feel...

I know it's got nothing to do with Myboycharlie, but do you know what's happened to Achilles Of Troy, Gal? Don't seem to have heard anything about him at all. I liked him a lot the first time I clapped eyes on him!

Crikey, he hasn't done any good, has he? Doesn't look like he's trained on. I know he wasn't going to be a world beater but I just liked the horse a lot when I first saw him.

Going to take on the favourite with Finicius and Abraham Lincoln.

Finicius has always been highly regarded since his two year old days, relishes fast ground and made a pleasing seasonal reappearance last time at Cork behind a useful prospect.

Abraham Lincoln has a decent sprint in him, ran alot better than his finishing position suggests last time at Newmarket. Also the stables horses generally need a run and they were not firing at the time.

Both horses are too big at 10/1 and 16/1 respectively.

Would have liked Galeota to have ideally shown a bit more at York, but he loves fast ground, is one of the few guaranteed front runners (though there are enough Coolmore spoliers in there I guess) and has the rail draw which I think is a massive advantage in sprints at the Curragh. He makes plenty of appeal at 9/1.

I'm going to disagree. I managed to wrestle evens about Myboycharlie and am happy with that for the class horse in the race.

Myboycharlie showed plenty of speed but appeared to hate the ground.

That was a very smart effort from Astronomer Royal off 10,00 while the second won me a few quid.

The RP analysis of the race, the work of J O'Hanlon, seems very strange to me. He describes it as "an odd sort of race...[which]...more resembled a 7f race as they dawdled early before noticeably quickening past halfway." He goes on to say that the winner "can be assured that [the Golden Jubilee at Royal Ascot] will be run like a proper sprint whereas this race wasn't."

The logic escapes me. Surely if the race was slowly-run in the early stages it would more resemble a 5f than a 7f race, wouldn't it? And if the Golden Jubilee is likely to be truly-run, wouldn't that favour a horse like Astronomer Royal?

Paddy Power's offer of 20/1 Astronomer Royal for the Golden Jubilee looks very generous. Sakhee's Secret appeals as the most likely winner and as such he's a worthy favourite but AR carried a Group One penalty to victory yesterday and he should be well suited by the way the race will be run at Ascot.

Back