Naming.

trackside528

At the Start
Given that I can't find the other thread on the topic, can anyone tell me if I'd have any trouble registering the following names (or how I'd go about finding out if I would):

Kingofthewildfrontier
King Of Roxbury
Duke Of Roxbury

Kingofthewildfrontier is too long - 18 characters max, including spaces. Give me 5 and I'll search on the other two.

Both King Of Roxbury and Duke Of Roxbury appear to be available, according to Weatherby's. They say appear to be available since the have to also check that 1) the name isn't risque and 2) the name isn't something which sounds phonetically very similar to an already registered name.

Cheers. I wonder does the character rule apply in Ireland. You'llneverwalkalone seems to exceed it anyway. Or was it spelt differently?

Youlneverwalkalone was spelt like that!

I'm guessing, but wouldn't know, that similar rules apply in Ireland - Gal??

JP McManus must never have passed his primary school grammar course..

..or maybe he was trying to "authenticate" himself to the Liverpudlian culture by spelling it the way he figured a scouser would..

Whatever, I'm sure the rules are the same..

Much like Dangerus Precedent dropped the 'o'.

Bless him, although he could be a shit to ride, he was a sweet little animal, talented, and a trier.

Pity, as Kingofthewildfrontier was the one I wanted. The last I was involed with was called Doodle Addle (not named by me), so I'm hoping for a step up on that!

Isn't there the odd French-bred with a longer name? They might need to AQPS or something to be accepted, though.

Same in Ireland, all Irish horse have to be named through Weatherbys in the UK (via Horse Racing Ireland) so those checks that SL did would apply for Ireland.

If you just want to flout rules Pete buy a Selle-Francaise register it then race it in France and bring it over here - Kingofthewildfrontier would do just nicely ;)

Cheers to everyone for their help (particularly Shads). Probably saved a bit of hassle.

Doodle Addle was a grand horse alright, Rory. It was a great pity that he broke down in the Irish National, having looked to be running the race of his life. Enjoying life after racing though last I heard.

I think Michael Bell needs some applause for calling a One Call Cat filly Moggy. Thats a great name.

I hear he also wants to name his Pivotal Colt which is owned by his owners club, Piv's A Tool, I wouldn't mind knowing his definition of Tool !!

....or even his One Cool Cat filly I'm sure!!!!

No worries trackside - if you want to check the availability of a name just holler.

Could someone please do a quick search on the following two names:

Amelia Island
Andthenextthingwas

..and before anyone jumps on me, neither were thought up by me!

Back