Netflix v Amazon

Desert Orchid

Senior Jockey
Which is better?

Mrs O recently got a 'smart' bluray player and she quite fancied the Netflix stuff available as an option.

I was browsing though Amazon (Prime) this evening and it seems better to me, certainly for films and for some of the TV stuff I'd watch.

I'm thinking of suggesting we ditch Netflix at the end of the trial period and take out a trial with Amazon to see which we think is best but just wondered if people had strong opinions and/or recommendations?

TBH if you can take both - Netflix have better drama series (The Crown etc) but Amazon also gets some cracing series (Lucifer for example) and does come with the added bonus of the Prime delivery option with purchases, plus lots of extras like 2hr delivery slots, discounted theatre tickets etc.

I pay monthly for the Netflix but did the yearly option for Amazon at £79 - i dont begrudge the cost of either. I have a Fire Stick for Amazon and my Smart TV has Netflix, plus I have an Apple TV box which I use for NOW tv for when the Lesser Half wants to watch sport (we threw Sky out last year and dont regret that for a minute - a months sport is only £30 or for a long weekend of cricket its only £10 - no brainer if you only want to watch bits here and there)

kodi loaded onto my android box, amazon fire hd tablet and pc with exodus and salts installed and i pretty much have everything these two offer + more.

What exactly is an android box?

My elderly m-i-l got a dongle thingy to stick in a usb slot (might have been an hdmi slot) on her TV which was supposed to give her kodi stuff (and with which I was supposed to be able to watch all the football I wanted for free) but it stopped working after a wee while. I think it might be some kind of doctored fire stick but I don't know enough about these things so when it stopped working I disconnected it.

My elderly m-i-l got a dongle thingy to stick in a usb slot (might have been an hdmi slot) on her TV which was supposed to give her kodi stuff (and with which I was supposed to be able to watch all the football I wanted for free) but it stopped working after a wee while. I think it might be some kind of doctored fire stick but I don't know enough about these things so when it stopped working I disconnected it.

As kodi is open source software you just need to update it regularly and you'll be fine.

hard to explain simply but I promise is easy to use.

its a box or fire stick that contains programs on it that allow you to watch any TVs series identical to Amazon/ netflix

you can also stream all the sports channels but live streaming is less reliable than looking at a TV show

they are pretty cheap too

Back