New 4PP Season Starts Today

dvds2000

Gone But Not Forgotten
Just a heads up or reminder that the 4PP ran by Bob starts today. Free to enter and long running, well worth having a go (even if you have to register over on the 'dark side' :D

http://www.theracingforum.co.uk/horse-racing-forum/viewforum.php?f=7

If anyone is banned or doesn't want to register over there I can check with Bob if its ok to place the selections on here instead, I know at least one other forum allows this.

RULES - SEASON 2011/12

This season will run from Saturday 1st October 2011 to Saturday 10th March 2012

The 4PP season will consist of 5 "monthly" competition's and a 26 week accumulated points "Championship"

The dates for the monthly competition's are:

1st October - 29th October (5 weeks)

5th November - 26th November (4 weeks)

3rd December - 31st December (4 weeks)

7th January - 28th January (4 weeks)

4th February - 10th March (6 weeks)

4 selection's Per Person, plus reserves (as many as you like)

NO unamed favourites, second favourites etc.

**Also you cannot nominate the same horse more than once, if you do it will only be scored once**

more than one selection from the same race is acceptable

Selections must come from SATURDAYS racing ONLY

Selections must be from NH and or Flat racing in the UK and Ireland ONLY (NOT FROM ABROAD)

Selections must come from HORSERACING ONLY, not Point-to-Point, greyhound racing, pigeon racing, the world tiddlywinks championship, the highland games or even strictly come dancing!

Please do not edit your posting's on or after the off of that day's earliest race

No selecting horses after the 'Advertised' off time of the race, even if the race is late starting

Please be aware that if you do edit after the off of the days first race your whole entry may well be declared VOID

The cut off time for entries will be posted each week. I wiil try and keep this consistent and reasonable for most if not the whole of the season, and will make it a time so that competitors have a chance to post an entry.

PLEASE NOTE, I'M SORRY BUT NO ENTRY OR ALTERATION TO YOUR ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED IF POSTED AFTER THE CUT OFF TIME**

SCORING In all races of up to 4 runners - only the winner scores In all races of 5, 6 or 7 runners - the first two score In all races of 8 to 15 runners - the first three score In HANDICAPS of 16 or more runners - the first four score

POINTS SCORING (SP's)

1/2 or shorter - 1st: 2 pts - 2nd: 1 pt - 3rd: 1 pt - 4th: 0 pts

8/15 to 10/11 - 1st: 4 pts - 2nd: 2 pts - 3rd: 1 pt - 4th: 1 pt

Evens to 2/1 - 1st: 8 pts - 2nd: 4 pts - 3rd: 3 pts - 4th: 2 pt

9/4 to 4/1 - 1st: 14 pts - 2nd: 6 pts - 3rd: 4 pts - 4th: 3 pts

9/2 to 15/2 - 1st: 17 pts - 2nd: 8 pts - 3rd: 6 pts - 4th: 4 pts

8/1 to 11/1- 1st: 22 pts - 2nd: 10 pts - 3rd: 8 pts - 4th: 6 pts

12/1 to 20/1- 1st: 27 pts - 2nd: 14 pts - 3rd: 10 pts - 4th: 8 pts

21/1 to 25/1 - 1st: 32 pts - 2nd: 16 pts - 3rd: 12 pts - 4th: 10 pts

26/1 to 32/1 - 1st: 40 pts - 2nd: 18 pts - 3rd: 14 pts - 4th: 12 pts

33/1 & above - 1st: 50 pts - 2nd: 20 pts - 3rd: 16 pts - 4th: 14 pts

**IN THE EVENT OF A DEAD HEAT FULL POINTS WILL AWARDED TO BOTH (OR MORE) HORSES**

BANKER/NAP SELECTIONS You can nominate one of your 4 main selections as a Banker/Nap, if you forget to do so then the first horse you selected will be classed as your Banker/Nap, either from top to bottom or from left to right. If your Banker/Nap wins then your points for that horse will be doubled, but only if it WINS, points will not be doubled if it finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th. If your selected Banker/Nap is a non-runner then your first horse selected will automatically become your Banker/Nap. If that is a non- runner then your next selected and so on, ie. Horse 1 Horse 2 Horse 3 (BANKER/NAP) Horse 4 1st res 2nd res an so on if for example horse 3 (your Banker/Nap) was a non-runner then horse 1 would automatically become your Banker/Nap (unless a NB has been nominated at the time of posting )

In the event of any disputes, my decision is final

This competition is open to anyone there is no need to declare yourself before hand

Right, I hope I've covered everything

Thanks and the very best of luck to all
Bob

Back