New Bet

LBM

At the Start
The English tote will be launching its first new bet since the totescoop6 at this year's Royal Ascot with the introduction of the toteswinger. The bet, which is available on races of six or more runners, asks players to pick two hoses to finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd in any order. The bet then declares three dividends, 1st and 2nd, 1st and 3rd and 2nd and 3rd .

David Craven, totepool Managing Director commented, "This is the first new bet that the tote has developed from scratch since the totescoop6 in 1999 and we are very excited about bringing it to the UK betting public. We believe that it will have a wide appeal from novices, who are just looking for a flutter that offers a good chance of a return, through to the experienced bettors who may be taking a view in a particular race."

Craven added, "The swinger bet is popular overseas, most notably in South Africa, and this will also allow us to co-mingle with our international partners which will help liquidity from launch."

The toteswinger will be available daily at every race meeting on every racecourse in the UK. Customers will also be able to place bets through all totesport shops, telephone and internet. The bet will also be available in William Hill betting shops as well as online partners including Coral, Betfair, and Bet365. Coral betting shops and Blue Square will be also be joining shortly after launch

The toteswinger will have a deduction rate of 26% which will now also be the deduction rate for the toteexacta and totetrifecta (from 24% and 29% respectively).

Hopefully the valueseekers will be able to come on and explain the maths behind whatever the returns happen to be.

It's the kind of bet that could interest me - if I thought I was getting some kind of value - in big fields.

The bet will almost certainly provide zero value ~ remember how badly their previous "new bet" the Trifecta has performed. The only way a new bet will perform is if the takeout is very low and/or the pools can be guaranteed.

I agree Rory - I might use it sparingly to see what happens as I enjoy FCTs and the odd Tri -
but it doesn't look value at all with that kind of takeout

Back