New BHA Chairman

del boy

Senior Jockey
Mark Johnston has been appointed as a director of the British Horseracing Authority.
The Middleham based trainer, who is the Horsemen's member nominated director, is renowned for his strong views on a number of issues in racing and he is looking forward to the challenge of working with the BHA.
He said: "I think it is vital in any business to have a very strong understanding of the product and I hope I can bring this to the BHA board."
Nicholas Jones has been appointed as an independent non-executive director while Justin Wadham has moved from his Horsemen's position to become a third independent non-executive director.
BHA chairman Paul Roy added: "These two new appointments bring a broad range of skills and experience to an already experienced Board.
"Nicholas has spent years in senior positions in the worlds of finance and betting.
"Mark needs little introduction and he has strong views on a wide range of subjects.
"It is testament to his passion for the sport and for the horse that he is finding the time to take up this position. His experience and knowledge will be an asset to the Board."

Title should read Director as opposed to chairman.

Last edited:
With the charmless Paul ("I don't see the problem in investing in Betfair") Roy still in power - sorry, I mean place - MJ will soon feel his lifeblood draining away...

Could be a very interesting appointment. I'm sure Mr Johnston will liven things up a bit - no bad thing IMO!

Back