New ITV series

viking

Senior Jockey
A new 6 part series Champions: Full Gallop starts on ITV on Friday 9pm. Apparently the first few episodes are available on ITVX from Friday morning.

Looks like a must watch for racing fans especially NH

No spoilers please from anyone downloading it before it goes out in the evening

Did it not start last week?

The brother phoned me to ask if I'd seen the first episode and then went on to talk about its contents.

Watched episode 3 of Hotsepower last night -thought it was somewhere between very good and excellent. The old footage of Ian Balding and Mill Reef was top class.

Horsepower has been available to watch for a couple of years now.

Yes, I realised that when I watched E1 last night. It was done during Covid and around the time of Oisin Murphy's cocaine ban.

I thought it was no better than moderately interesting but I'll probably find time somewhere along the line to watch the other episodes.

Thought his excuse for having cocaine in his system was top drawer," performing oral sex on a girl he met in the pub,who had taken cocaine who passed it on to him by going down on her.that old chestnut.lol

Yes, I realised that when I watched E1 last night. It was done during Covid and around the time of Oisin Murphy's cocaine ban.

I thought it was no better than moderately interesting but I'll probably find time somewhere along the line to watch the other episodes.

What were your expectations watching it.I looked at episode 4 this morning and thought it was top class.The scene where he fucks Oisin Murphy out of it for messing up a pre Royal Ascot is incredible -have we ever seen anything like it before.

To be honest, my expectations were maybe set too high because the brother seemed quite impressed but I thought it was all a bit bland but that E1 is the only one I've seen. I'm open to the idea that other episodes will be better. I hope so.

I enjoyed Champions.
Concentrating as they did on one race build up was quite a good idea.
Perfect script with the fairy tale ending of endings, just what Santa ordered; it would have been even more fun if they followed the King George thread on here !

It was crap, too many talking heads for me, any top documentary should have a good narrator and good narration

It was like they were reading off a script and wtf Chris Hughes was doing on there i know not

Nowhere near as good as 'Horsepower' which had some real warts n all moments between Balding and Oisin

I won't bother watching the rest of it

It was crap, too many talking heads for me, any top documentary should have a good narrator and good narration

It was like they were reading off a script and wtf Chris Hughes was doing on there i know not

Nowhere near as good as 'Horsepower' which had some real warts n all moments between Balding and Oisin

I won't bother watching the rest of it
Agree completely.
Hughes is an oxygen thief.

Last edited:
Back