Newbury 29th December 2007

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
K

Kathy

It was a fantastic day at Newbury today. Wayne and Sarah Clifford's (alias Bathwick Tyres) Granddaughter, Laura was 9 years old so Wayne and Sarah had named a race in her honour amongst the others they sponsored today. Laura knew nothing about it until she arrived at the racecourse today and she was absolutely thrilled when she saw her name in the racecard.

The staff at Newbury were absolutely fantastic allowing Laura to choose the Best Turned Out, she was then invited to The Royal Box to watch the race and then was able to present the winning trophy to Mr. Andy Stewart, owner of Celestial Halo and the winning jockey, Ruby Walsh. Unfortunately, Paul Nicholls was not feeling too good so left his father to collect the winning trainer's trophy whilst he went to saddle up their next runner.

Thank goodness Uncle Goober was not around as I am sure he would have asked me to be thrown out of the Winners Enclosure whilst I was happily snapping away with my new camera courtesy of Father Christmas ! :xmassanta:

I will try and post up a few photos later.

Well done to the staff at Newbury!! :clap: :clap: They gave Laura a day she will never forget.

Laura is an absolute natural. Congratulating the connections of Celestial Hero as if she had been doing it for years. It was so heartwarming to see this lovely, polite little girl enjoying her day, loving being around the horses and taking it all so much in her stride.

NEWBURY29TH2007LAURAS9THBIRTHDAY044.jpg

NEWBURY29TH2007LAURAS9THBIRTHDAY042.jpg

NEWBURY29TH2007LAURAS9THBIRTHDAY038.jpg

Laura clutching onto the envelope containing the money for The Best Turned out which she presented too.
NEWBURY29TH2007LAURAS9THBIRTHDAY018.jpg

All her own decision Martin. Her Mum and Grandma were there if she needed any help, but no, it was her decision. If I remember rightly, I think it was number 11 she chose.

Laura is very familiar with being around horses as Sarah and Wayne are racehorse breeders too and they have 12 mares currently at home, some of which are extremely fond of Laura. :luv:

How lovely for her, she will certainly remember the day ..looks like she enjoyed it :D

Back