Newbury

I'd be inclined to take on the King runner at the prices.

I'd also be strongly against Kicks for free later on; fancy both Ring the boss and the Market Man to beat him.

I think Kicks For Free is the nap of the day myself, AH.

Ring The Boss doesn't jump well enough for me, Oh Crick won't get the trip, and The Market Man is a flatterer. KFF looks rock-solid to me.

PS. Anyone know if it's raining at Newbury?

Last edited:
there has been rain at Newbury, agree Kicks has to be Npa material today.

Ring The Boss was going no better than Razor Royale at Cheltenham when the latter fell and he disappointed last time. For all of Henderson's winners there have been more disappointments and agree he travels well to decieve. Can't see Oh Crick being good enough.

Kicks impressed first time and has looked classy at this trip.

I've backed The Real Deal (3.150) @ 9/2 and for the Welsh National @ 50/1. The 50/1 is disappearing. I tried to have €25 e/w and was allowed €24.67.

Will anyone on here lay me the balance?

I've backed The Real Deal (3.150) @ 9/2 and for the Welsh National @ 50/1. The 50/1 is disappearing. I tried to have €25 e/w and was allowed €24.67.

Will anyone on here lay me the balance?

No chance, not in that sort of league im afraid Ger...

I think this first is quite an interesting race (from a watching perspective). A bit of E/W support for the McCoy horse but a solid looking top two. There must be high hopes for Mount Helicon.

what happened?

It always amazes me people willing to make a horse who has never run over hurdles such a small price.

Admittedly they were juveniles, but it looked hard going out there. Will need something that gets every yard in the Hennessy tomorrow.

don't really think he dogged it tbh, he was struggling a little leaving the back, Chocy looked to try and keep him on bit as long as possible, he just looked woefully one paced and not really enjoying the game.

People said the same about Purple Moon over hurdles, calling him names, majority of good flat horses, never make good hurdlers and laying them is easy pickings, that said I backed Art Trend who is becomming very disappointing.

I wouldn't touch Galient with stolen money, have nibbled on Fav but as a saver to my ew on Butlers Cabin at a big price this morning, who showed enough for me last time to suggest he is coming back, I know Green Mile doesnt have the qualifiers as main targets just preps, and would have prefered better ground.

"Another go [at laying a good flat horse] with Galient later then?" was what I was referring to.

Buck The Legend didn't make that ground look too trying.

yeh and the speed Tom George's went saw how quick keen horses stop in it, Galient would be a lay to me but 7.8 is a big price, I would actually be more tempted to lay the 2.5 a place, Nicky Henderson's had some disappointments of late.

A small loss on race, thanks to Galient placing, looks sure to win over 2m 4f, looked like the trip got him.

But how good does Punchestowns look, Francome said something along the lines, of this horse wont show his potential until he goes chasing. Looks like he'll be a future Gold Cup horse, based on his demolition of Ballydub who just destroyed them.

The Market Man was seriously impressive there, fluent jumper.

Kicks For Free was hanging but I think he was beat by a better horse rather than a dog, they pulled along way clear and that gave the impression, that the fornt two would be on par with Breedsbreeze at this stage. Winner looks classy.

Amazed to hear Barry describe him in similar voice to Kicking King and Moscow Flyer, thats some statement.

Back