Newmarket Friday

Guest_

At the Start
Just looking at the entries just out for Newmarket on Friday and there are some fascinating entries amongst the card in the two year old races.

In the EBF maiden over 6furlongs:

Almoutaz- half sister to Johar by Kingmambo (Barry Hills)
Coach And Four- full brother to One Cool Cat (Aidan O'Brien)
Etosha- family of Gossamer & Barathea by Cape Cross (Godolphin)
Jupiter Pluvius- highly touted all season by Johannessburg (Aidan O'Brien)
Otaared- Half brother to Kheylef by Storm Cat (M.A Jarvis)
Plan- Storm Cat colt out of champion mare Spain (Aidan O'Brien)

In the EBF maiden over 1 mile:

Tale Of Two Cities- full brother to High Chaparral (Aidan O'Brien)
Washington Irvine- half brother to Alexandrova by Montjeu (Aidan O'Brien)
World Of Choice - Half brother to Palace Episode (Godolphin)
Mukhber- half sister to Lahan (J Gosden)
Kensington Oval - full brother to Ask (M Stoute)

I love these back end maidens...can throw up anything.

Speaking of two year olds....

The joys of living in Kildare (and trust me they are few and far between) is having Naas,Punchestown and the Curragh literally on my door step. Back from popping into Naas to see the first two maidens.

Great Rumpuscat is a giant of a two year old and still ran as green as grass in the first...he was blowing very hard after the race and there looks to be plenty more to come from him. Ballydoyle won the next with Kitty Matchem but the real eye catcher was the second filly Psalm. A Sadler's Wells filly first time out over 6furlongs giving weight to the winner and tenderly handled. Good thing next time out and it would be no surprise to see her develop into a stakes filly at the very least...she was left in the Cheveley Park at the 5 day stage.

Can't believe Kitty Matcham won over 6 furlongs..

Great Rumpuscat could turn out to be quite smart as well.. even though he still looked green, second horse had solid form and is quite highly thought of by Ger Lyons..

I was surprised as well trackside that KM had the pace. Not only that but she lay up on the pace very handily.

Originally posted by betsmate+Oct 13 2007, 02:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (betsmate @ Oct 13 2007, 02:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Galileo@Oct 13 2007, 02:19 PM
Tale Of Two Cities- full brother to High Chaparral (Aidan O'Brien)
Derby winner :P [/b][/quote]
All Derby winners run third on their debut at Cork...

It was actually a nice debut. Looks a fine but horse and handled the fast going well. Interesting to see does he pop up again before the end of the year.

I didn't see the race but the RP write up wasn't that flattering. Good news then if you think it was promising.

I thought Coach and Four ran a nice race yesterday. He took a while to get racing and was given an easy enough time of it. Probably no world beater, but I'd back him to reverse the 5l odd he was beaten by if the same field lined up next week.

TOTC just ran last in the G1 at Saint-Cloud.

I was at the gym and missed it. Anyone know what happened?

Back