Newmarket

Well done Euro with the Falmouth and Edgt mentioned the second aswell.

Barwick in the last for me.

Last edited:
Has Elusive Kate any chance?

Seems she did have half a chance at a decent price. The improving 3yos start to come into their own about now and she certainly made the best of the 9lb she was receiving from the older fillies and mares.

Last edited:
Cheers. I was at work so missed out on the really big prices but a winner is a winner.

I'm just flabbergasted that she was allowed to start at twice the price of Maybe.

I'm very much from the school of "if you can't beat SP, you can't win at this game" but some of these Ballydoyle shorties in Group Ones are just absurd.

With her and So You Think, we've been blessed with value on the show over the past 18 months.

It's been absolutely tipping it down throughout the night again here, still raining heavily as I write this. It's going to take some stamina to get up that hill at six furlong pace today. Society Rock looks the obvious pick to me but is too short for my meagre pennies. I'm considering a little each way on Fire Lily for an interest in the race.

Hopefully the rain will clear long enough for me to take a few pictures down at the start.

Scaramanga.
I've made Fire Lily ew one of my bets of the day. In the Bunbury I cannot understand how King of Jazz is more than twice the price of Bonnie Brae given their relative performances in the Victoria Cup whilst Atlantic Story is my alternative

Last edited:
Does anyone have any views on the draw today? I think there's been a definite advantage for horses on the stands' side rail, as evidenced by the last race on Thursday and races 1, 2 and 5 yesterday and I was staggered to see them all go far side in the Falmouth. It's clearly possible to win from elsewhere but on draw grounds I'm interested in Jamesie and Fire Lily. What we don't know is whether the overnight rain will have affected things although the downpour on Thursday night made no difference.

13/2 with PP Fire Lily in the betting w/o Society Rock might be a better than taking the 9/1 to win the race.

It possible gives you 4th place aswell if Society is in the 1st 3.

I think thats Im gona do.

Does anyone have any views on the draw today? I think there's been a definite advantage for horses on the stands' side rail, as evidenced by the last race on Thursday and races 1, 2 and 5 yesterday and I was staggered to see them all go far side in the Falmouth. It's clearly possible to win from elsewhere but on draw grounds I'm interested in Jamesie and Fire Lily. What we don't know is whether the overnight rain will have affected things although the downpour on Thursday night made no difference.

I'm with you Gus. I walked the course on Thursday morning to get an idea of the ground and I feel certain the ground was a little better stands side.

It might sound a little fanciful, but being someone who's living relates to drainage I feel there is good reason to expect the course to drain from stands to far side too.

Scaramanga.
I've made Fire Lily ew one of my bets of the day. In the Bunbury I cannot understand how King of Jazz is more than twice the price of Bonnie Brae given their relative performances in the Victoria Cup whilst Atlantic Story is my alternative

Good luck with your selections Tout Seul. :)

Tough call in the big one as I've backed Society Rock plenty times before and Dandy did me a good turn at Ascot, but I'm not rich enough to be loyal to backing horses and Fire Lily gets my vote, just...

Last edited:
And consequently strange results coming in. Oceans Tempest no form on heavy or soft, still wins.

Bookies are laughing.

Last edited:
Reckon I'll get a run for my money with Captain Ramius from the front for the Kevin Ryan yard in the next.

Whatever happens, a stiff drink is needed tonight after these three days:)

i think if anyone wants a prime example of why never to take short odds on ground that is beyond description its the run of Bircham there

its desperate at headquarters that is for sure

I have been trying to tell you that for three days EC1. Somebody posted that the rain overnight didn't effect the going but that was impossible. Thursday's going was considerably better than the two following days.

I've just got back from the course. I backed Bonnie Brae and when they past me at the three pole I thought I'd done my cash. The horse looked to be labouring. It wasn't until I got down to the stalls and had a word with the Smithy that he told me it had won.

Lost half my stake on Fire Lily and I'm using the rest to have an each way bet on Educate in the last. (Easy come easy go.:))

Back