NH10 To Follow - Final Result In

Guest_

At the Start
Quiet on the forum today so might as well stick this up....entries closing are a while away yet but no harm getting your thinking cap on early :D

If anyone has any suggestions on tweeking the rules or making changes to the format just let me know and I will consider it.

Ten To Follow Competition

The competition is open to all members and it is free to enter.

Prizes are: 1st Place- €100, 2nd Place-€50 and 3rd Place- €20.

Also everyone who enters the competition will be automatically put into a draw for one of the following books -

1) Moscow Flyer - Jessica Harrington/Donn McClean (Hardback)
2) Vincent O'Brien - Jacqueline O'Brien/Ivor Herbert (Paperback)
3) Riding The Storm - Timmy Murphy/Donn McClean (Hardback)
4) Lester Piggott - Autobiography (Hardback)

Rules

Choose 10 horses (must be found on the Racing Post search engine). Everyone must have their selections in by Saturday 1pm 24th October while the
competition ends after the last race of the Punchestown Festival. Each forum member is restricted to one entry.

As well as your 10 horses an extra three horses must be nominated, these are your wild card selections. Between Monday 4th January 2008 and Friday 8th January 6pm you may swap/exchange one of your original 10 selections for one of your 3 wild cards. You are restricted to one change and the exchanged horse will eligible to earn you points from Saturday 9th January 2008.

Scoring
Each horse will receive 10 points for each win in races run under NH in the UK, Ireland and France.
Placed points will be given for every Grade 1 conditions race (6 points for second and 4 point for third place).

SP
A winner priced between 10/1 and up to and including 20/1 - 10 point bonus
A winner priced above 20/1 plus - 20 point bonus

Bonus races
All Cheltenham winners will receive an extra 10 points on top of their other points. As well as the Cheltenham festival races the following races will gain you an extra 10 points:

Paddy Power Gold Cup
Hattons Grace Hurdle
Hennessy Gold Cup
Tingle Creek
King George VI
Lexus Chase
Tote Gold Trophy Hurdle
Pierse Hurdle
Irish Champion Hurdle
Irish Hennessy Gold Cup
The Grand National
Aintree Hurdle
The Irish National
Scottish National
Betfred Gold Cup
Punchestown Guinness Gold Cup
Punchestown Champion Hurdle

In the event of a tie for (1st,2nd 3rd), the member with the greatest number of Grade 1’s will be the winner. If after that it is still a tie I will have to draw names (unless I am involved which is unlikely!) My say is final!

Last edited:
Might as well have a go - NH is a bit of a snore, but April's a long way off before we resume REAL racing.

I'll be having a go although from the last 7 TTF competitions entered (Racing Post & Seven Stars) I've nominated 13 scoring horses. So, anyone trolling mine is definately scraping the bottom of the barrel.

If anyone has a successful method of selection, love to hear about it.

Thanks to the organiser.

MR2

Super Galileo.

I'll even have a go. I'll be focusing on finding horses that were blatantly not good enough for the flat, but that seem to thrive when you throw at them the lottery of obstacles, sticky mud and races so long the opposition get bored and fall over.

Gal,

I was building up my TTF list but, because of the nature of the races awarding extra points, my list became skewed towards 'old faithfuls' e.g Kauto plus others.

This could turn the competition into 4TF because so many of the 'of's would be included in everyone's list.

Might I suggest, in order to spice things up, adding an extra award for any winner with SP 10/1 or greater. My first thoughts were 25pts, or would this be too much extra hassle for you?

MR2

Only saw your post now Monty...let me have a think about it - I think it is a fair point.

Also is the deadline to soon - Saturday week? Push it back and it gives people more time but it also might lead to a less obvious horse that some have their eye on become very obvious!!

Also everyone who enters the competition will be automatically put into a draw for one of the following books -

1) Moscow Flyer - Jessica Harrington/Donn McClean (Hardback)
2) Vincent O'Brien - Jacqueline O'Brien/Ivor Herbert (Paperback)
3) Riding The Storm - Timmy Murphy/Donn McClean (Hardback)
4) Lester Piggott - Autobiography (Hardback)

Back