Nicanor

Guest_

At the Start
Has been left in the 2 mile Grade 1 over fences on Stephens Day. Really looking forward to seeing this one back on the track...still a very young horse.

From Todays RP - It really depends on where Paul Carberry will be on the 26th and at this stage it's looking like he'll probably be at Kempton to ride Harchibald, so I'll probably wait till later in the week and start Nicanor off in a beginners chase instead on the last day," said Meade

Do people see Nicanor as an Arkle candidate? Or should I rephrase, do people see him as a 2m chaser? He strangely enough has never won at 2m over hurdles, IIRC.

I don't see him as a 2m chaser Garney, but that wouldn't rule him out of the Arkle as you well know..

Was wondering about Travino as well myself.. Noland supposed to be doing well as well but yet to see him either..

Nicanor has loads of pace. Stamina was my worry for him coming up the hill against Denman but he surprised me. While it would not be his ideal trip I would prefer to see him go the two mile route this year than the SunAlliance trip.

Think its a massive positive that Nicanor is ready to run this early and is even left in a Grade 1. Equally I find it just as negative that Aran Concerto has not been entered up over Christmas...even in the early closers.

Just been looking through the Grade 1 novice and to be honest it doesn't look all that strong..

Aran Concerto is fine but won't be out until the New Year..

Looks like we wont see Nicanor this season, and if we do it will be over hurdles. Same applies to Aran Concerto.

I know Irish racing doesnt have too many stars at the moment, but when you think of the talent that has been sidelined through injury, its phenomenal. Hope Aran Concerto and Black Harry come back, but do they ever. I suppose keeping them fit is half the battle.

I'd be surprised if we saw him at all this season and I doubt if by some miracle we do it will be over 3 miles.

[redundant post]

Very sorry about Nicanor, and even sorrier about the amazing and I would think unprecedented spate of injuries to Irish horses this season. Is the firmer ground to blame - are horses/trainers not used to it?

Real shame. I was looking forward to seeing how he would get on this season after his injury.

Don't think you can blame anything other than bad luck HS. Have seen quite a few meetings which have been run on very soft ground over in Ireland and there's still the likes of Mossbank, Beefy, Harchibald, Glencove Marina, Trafford Lad etc. to look forward to as well as the legion of Bumper horses that Mullins will be running in the next few months and the first few from last years Champion Bumper.

Good to see a winning performance - and very impressive one at that from J'y Vole at Cork earlier today, also the Sun Alliance Chase winner turns up at Naas tommorow :)

:angy:
Plans for Travino are on hold after the Grade 1-winning hurdler suffered a minor setback.

Trainer Margaret Mullins had been hoping to get the nine-year-old back on track last month if the ground allowed, but she has ruled out an imminent return.

She said: "There's just a tiny problem, nothing too serious, but we have just had to take a bit of a raincheck with him.

"He won't be running immediately and he might run yet before the end of the season, but that will depend on if the ground stays right for him."

Back