Nicanor

Correct!! That is what I meant at 3.15 this morning!!!

I think 9/2 is very tempting. Ok he has alot to prove but I cannot imagine Meade will have left that much to work on and he will be pretty fit.

I thought that was satisfactory, coulda flagged him as a non trier if you didn't know the circumstances. Hope he comes out sound in the morning, campaign him lightly this season and see if he can pick up a race and then look to next year. He'll be 9 for the 2010 Gold Cup ;)

I think it's odds against he ever wins again.

His next run will be the important one so I'd hold on til that before I'd write Nicanor off.

Ran a decent enough race considering he was sticky enough at his jumps in the earlier part of the race.

If Nicanor was mine I'd put him back hurdling.

Very harsh Gearoid, they were three decent types that finished in front of him and he had some ok sorts in behind him. He'll definitely win a beginners chase on that evidence. Odds against that he ever wins a Graded race again...yeah..fair enough...but on that evidence he'll definitely win races

I find it hard to believe a horse that has taken this long to get back on the track can retain much of his ability. I'll be a layer if he shows up in a modest beginners chase.

Inca wasn't so bad after 18 months! - Like him the horse will clearly need to get back into 'racing gear' mentally as well as physically, and Meade would presumably not want to give him a hard race fto on the ground prevalent recently

I think it's odds against he ever wins again.

What price? They will not want to win a race with him this season as it will ruin his novice status for next year. Expect him to run in a graded chase next, if they win it so be it. But you have to say it was a reasonably good return. He travelled well, jumped fine and got very tired up the straight. Carberry was very easy on him and he will win in the future if he has a clear run over the next twelve months. People said the same about War of Attrition.

I would be pretty happy with that return from Nicanor today, thought he travelled nicely,jumped okay,and was never put in the race. As Cantoris says, might be keen to keep his novice status in check,so they might give him two more spins this year in graded races.

Back