Noel Meade

Guest_

At the Start
Let's not tip any more Noel Meade horses until they start winning again. Most of them tailed off today...something seriously wrong.

As I said on another thread, Harchibald has been in isolation for a while but not sure if Aimatov was...if you notice both Aitmatov and Gem Daly made stupid mistakes early on in their races and were well beaten thereafter.

I didn't back any Meade horses this week and won't until I've seen at least two win

I was very surprised frankly that some of them went off so short today, people really do go on past form and the name rather than current form don't they? Still, gave some of us better prices on our fancies

Noel Meade has only had one winner this month and that was on Jan 1st, so no winner for four weeks. I don't remember him ever going through such a lean spell. The horses are clearly all wrong and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him close down for a short period. Something that could be a blessing in disguise as his string might actually get to Cheltenham before they're over the top!

More detail will be available in tomorrow's RP:

<< NOEL MEADE has decided not to make any entries at this coming weekend's fixtures at Fairyhouse, Punchestown and Limerick with the stable's poor run of form having reached its nadir on Sunday at Leopardstown.

The stable has not had a winner since Well Run scored at Fairyhouse on New Year's Day after which Meade has sent out 28 runners, none of which have got closer than third. >>

Some signs this afternoon that Noel Meade might well be on his way back to form. He was reported to say earlier in the week that he thinks he found the problem and judging by some placed efforts today it certainly looks a bit more positive.

Back