Novice Chasers 2010/11

trackside528

At the Start
Loosen My Load out in what looks a decent 2m4f beginners chase at Punchestown this evening. Arabella Boy looks a decent chasing prospect as well and the likes of Glacial Promise and Trimbellina give the race a bit of depth. Really looking forward to seeing the De Bromhead horse over fences though; the type of horse that should really take to it.

You know it's a slow day when you have time to go through a modest 3m handicap hurdle, but Caffeine Craze's Gowran second could not have worked out better and looks a long way in advance of what anything else has achieved. In against a raft of unexposed types, but 7's will do for me.

Kauto Stone (half-brother to Kauto Star) easily won his 'chasing debut at Auteuil a week or so back too TS. No idea if he's likely to come over here (Nicholls already tried to buy him apparently) but worth a mention as he's a novice over fences.

DeBromhead had a really lovely horse win the other day over fences. Kotkidy took a horrible fall on his hurdles debut in Ireland at Punchestown - looked bad for a while but he looked a nice prospect when winning well at Killarney.

Agree with you on Kotkidy Gal - very impressive the other day and also looking forward to seeing Tom Cooper's Son Amix over fences (hopefully after a long break).

I thought Kotkidy looked a bit of a monkey-one to oppose at short odds.
Can't remember a 4yo winning a novice chase as early as this in England or Ireland.

Me neither Luke but I guess it's the way the races are framed. The two beginners/novices races over jumps in the UK tomorrow are for 5yos+ whilst the beginners at Punchestown tonight is a 4+ race.

Couldn't have asked for more on his debut. Not an Arkle prospect for me though and probably one to oppose in top class company over 2m.

Without doubt. Could turn out to be a decent enough race as well. Could have a half decent 2m4f+ novice hurdler in Spill The Beans as well.

Just seen that Caffeine Craze won as well. That's tonight paid for.

Horse to keep an eye out for in the future is Bucks Bond. Out of a half sister to Big Bucks, he made his point-to-point debut at Bratton Down on Saturday. A big well-made grey, hes only 4 and was pretty babyish but he is a real looker. He won as to be expected but I gather he may still stay pointing next season as he matures. Still he looks like a nice type and one to remember.

Owned by Nicholls & Bromley,interesting!

Would imagine we'll see that one at Ditcheat eventually.

One from Ditcheat that should do well as a novice chaser is Ghizao.

Back