Novice Hurdlers 2010/11

granger

Senior Jockey
In an exciting turn of events for National Hunt fans , Dermot Weld has raised the possibility of Group One winner Casual Conquest racing over hurdles. The five-year-old has not been seen since picking up an injury in the Irish Champion Stakes behind Sea The Stars 12 months ago and has since been gelded.
“If we are fortunate enough that he stays sound, we could have an awful lot of fun with him on the Flat and maybe even over hurdles,” the trainer told At The Races.
“He unfortunately got a leg injury when he ran in the Irish Champion Stakes last year.
“He’s had his time off and he’s due to come back in a few weeks. We’ll just take it easy with him over the winter and hopefully get him back next spring.
“He’s a very, very high-class horse. He might be a six-year-old next year, but we’ve a lot to look forward to with him.
“I haven’t made a definite decision (whether he sticks to the Flat), but it is possible we could venture elsewhere with him.”

Last edited:
Kempton is currently good to firm & with no significant rain forecast can’t see them risking him. It’s a shame, as is just down the road from me and he would be enough to get me there

Hope to have my Royal Scoundrel nov hurdling shortly. Chelt nov Staying hurdle like the Albert Bartlett would be my dream.

They've been throwing water on the track at Kempton for the last couple of days at least - watering all day into the night on both Wednesday and Thursday.

Back