O'Brien Back At Cheltenham?

Guest_

At the Start
HEBRIDEAN IN CHAMPION PICTURE

William Hill quote Hebridean at 50-1 for the Smurfit Kappa Champion Hurdle amid speculation Aidan O'Brien is to give the three-year-old a hurdling campaign.
The master of Ballydoyle, who saddled Istabraq to win three renewals of hurdling's blue riband, has not had a National Hunt runner for five years.
However Thursday's Daily Mail claims Hebridean, due to run in the Great Voltigeur Stakes at York next week, is set for a winter campaign.
Hills also quote the son of Bach at 16-1 for the Triumph Hurdle.
Kate Miller, spokeswoman for the firm, said: ''I am sure that a large proportion of the West Country reached for the valium at this news!
"Not content with slaughtering the Flat boys this season, Aidan now wants to take on the big guns at Cheltenham. His record speaks for itself, in both disciplines, and we will be keeping a watchful eye on any other potential jumps candidates of his.''

The master of Ballydoyle, who saddled Istabraq to win three renewals of hurdling's blue riband, has not had a National Hunt runner for five years.

I make it less than 4 at most.

I reckon he will be sold to Derrick Smith and be running for Jonjo in three mile handicaps in Exeter in two years time.

I think Hebridean will be a far better hurdler to Mountain.

Dont know who he will be trained by or owned by, but even before he was gelded, I thought he was screaming out as a hurdling candidate.

Given that he was sold already this year, I dont think he was bought to be sold on again.

I like his attitude and style of running, and think he is a likely candidate to make the transition. The Champion Hurdle quotes are stupid. I wouldnt turn my nose up at 50/1 for the Triumph if anyone wants to offer.

It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up with a flat string before too long. What odds a Nicholls trained 2000 gns winner within the next 5 years.

Back