Off to Asia for the Flat fans.....

Gamla Stan

At the Start
As I have zero interest in NH racing, I thought I'd try and keep the flat debate going for as long as possible with the Japan Cup and the Hong Kong meeting around the corner.

Presvis runs in the last at Lingfield tomorrow as a prep for Hong Kong, he'll be a short price but should win easily despite the penalty and doubts over his fitness.

Blue Square have released prices for the Hong Kong cup...

Presvis 9/4
Collection 7/2
Viva Pataca 4/1
Vision D'Etat 9/2
Eagle Mountain 5/1
Thumbs Up 12/1
Packing Winner 25/1
Mr Medici 50/1
Unique Jewellery 50/1

Nothing stand out there for me, suspect Presvis might be bigger on the day on the PMU.

5/6 best priced Presvis tomorrow at Lingfield, surely only Tranquil Tiger could trouble?!

Eagle Mountain runs over 1m this weekend.

Collection has had a decent season - should Presvis bomb (it's not like his UK record is awesome) 7/2 will look very very good value.

Thought that was a reasonable prep despite getting beat, wouldn't be taking 9/4 at this stage mind.

That wasn't Presvis' target clearly, but neither was that a performance that the connections of Vision d'Etat et al would take any concern from.

You'd have to worry about backing an extreme closer like Presvis at Sha Tin regardless of the opposition. I realise he's won there before, but the comment from that race - "headway on inside" - is not guaranteed to happen again by any stretch of the imagination.

Is Fallon riding in HK or is Moore?

I'd rather have Fallon myself, Moore gave the animal an absolute shocker in Singapore.

Falon and Cumani certainly had a good laugh at the betting public there. Keep him abroad if they are just going to use the track as a training ground for him in this country.

Falon and Cumani certainly had a good laugh at the betting public there. Keep him abroad if they are just going to use the track as a training ground for him in this country.

I'd normally agree with you but Cumani has been more than open with the public about his chances today. I left it alone on the basis of his comments.

Without speaking specifically about this case, is a non-jigger any less of a non-jigger if the trainer says beforehand it will be a non-jigger?

I don't think he was a non-jigger at all, the horse needed the run and looked rusty throughout.

Nearly every jumps horse in training runs a similar race when it comes back from a break.

Japan Cup

Blue Square: 7-4 Conduit, 5 Vodka, 6 Screen Hero, 8 Logi Universe, 12 Oken Bruce Lee, Red Desire, 16 Just As Well, 20 Interpatation, Marsh Side, 25 Reach The Crown, 33 Asakusa Kings, Meiner Kitz, Scintillo, 50 bar

Shall we merge this with the other Asian flat thread?

Ladbrokes go 5/2 Conduit which seems on the face of it, a little generous to me.

You'd have to take the view that he's running there as a major target rather than an afterthought though Stan - remember he's going to stud in Japan anyway so maybe his new owners had something to do with the final target.

Given how well she runs at home Vodka looks a bit big at 5's though the biggest disappointment for me is the lack of an entry for Buena Vista :(

What a race that was!

Conduit ran ok, a big ask from that draw in a field that big after all that travelling in quite a short space of time.

Back