Old Roan Chase

trackside528

At the Start
As a card-carrying member of the Flat brigade, it is with shame that I start this thread first of all! :p

Seriously though, I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about this race. Looks a decent enough affair with Voy Por Ustedes, Monet's Garden and Oslot. Personally, I reckon 11/2 about Monets Garden is far too big given that he goes well fresh, and is ideally suited by the track/ground.

VPU will surely need the race tommorrow and nothing Oslot has acheived comes close to Monets Garden's best form.

What does everybody else make of it?

I think you've summed it up trackside :D
Better go and put a bit on - I hadn't even looked at tomorrow's card

Even if needing the run and giving away the weight he is, I think that VPU will be hard to beat.

I've also a suspicion that Ungaro could run well at a big price.

Looks a decent enough affair with Voy Por Ustedes, Monet's Garden and Oslot.

Is Exotic Dancer a non-runner or something? Talk about the most over-looked horse in training.
Check out some of the odds for the Gold Cup on Betfair:

Albertas Run 23
Voy Por Ustedes 30
War of Attrition 36
Exotic Dancer 65

Wtf is that all about?

I do know that MG has been on the go for a while now and had a schooling session over hurdles at a northern track within the last month so he should be fairly fit.

The going has turned to heavy. This has got me looking at the bottom weights. Regal Heights looks interesting off 10-4.

Is Exotic Dancer a non-runner or something? Talk about the most over-looked horse in training.
Check out some of the odds for the Gold Cup on Betfair:

Albertas Run 23
Voy Por Ustedes 30
War of Attrition 36
Exotic Dancer 65

Wtf is that all about?

Sorry Euro, forgot about Exotic Dancer obviously! In fairness, given that he'll probably need the run and 2m4f round Aintree is on the sharp side for him, I would be surprised if he figured today to be honest.

I have a feeling Snoopy Loopy will run well at a much bigger price. I think he's still and improving horse and he is very fit with sky-high confidence. He will love the conditions too

I have a feeling Snoopy Loopy will run well at a much bigger price. I think he's still and improving horse and he is very fit with sky-high confidence. He will love the conditions too
Good call Headstrong. I'd fear the Nicholls pair but with so many others liable to improve for a run, Snoopy Loopy can at least hit the frame. I still can't see Monet's Garden winning, but I'd rather ignored that he's easier than most Greystoke horses to bring to the boil so he should run a race. I still think Nicky Richards is a desperately poor trainer though.

I'm slightly put off Monet's Garden by the soft ground, though still reckon he's too big at 11/2 (the fact that price is still available may reflect his fitness, mind you).

I have a feeling we could see a surprise winner as well. Regal Heights perhaps?

I'm plumping for Monets Garden. The ground doesn't look too desperate to me, Nicky Richards (whether you think he is good or bad or merely a mumbling erse) is in pretty good form at present, and the horse loves this course - 11/2 seems fair enough.

Back