Older Milers

Guest_

At the Start
The Dubai thread got me thinking as to what is likely to turn up in the Lockinge and Queen Anne this year. Struggling to come up with many contenders….

Darjina
Haradasun
Duke Of Marmalade
Astronomer Royal
Mount Nelson
Ramonti
Finsceal Beo
Arch Swing

Any very lightly raced three year olds that could really step up to the big level so soon?

They are both 4yo+ races - do you mean lightly raced 4 year olds?

Tom Segal thinks Don't Panic could be a runner in the Lockinge...

Creachadoir, Al Qasi and Tariq are three others that could be aimed at the Group races over a mile...

Sorry yeah, I meant lightly raced three year olds from last year progressing up the ladder this season.

Tariq was an obvious omission and yeah I too think all those mares are retired.

Step It Up has lots to improve but you could not rule it out given the way he won. Only thing is the Lockinge looks a race Tariq will be aimed at and his trainer does not really like his horses to clash.

You need to add Phoenix Tower, Sound Of Naure, Majestic Roi and Arabian Gleam to that list.

Especially the first one, he will win the Lockinge

Looking forward to seeing the Duke this year, I'm convinced he'll take high order amongst the milers this year

Be interested to see if Gosden puts Pipedreamer in the mile contests or tries him over further. He doesn`t strike me as the type who`ll settle well in a 10F race round a turn.

Originally posted by Will@Apr 1 2008, 09:04 PM
Jeremy definitely not retired.

???

was that your April 1st joke :)

he is at the Irish National Stud and as far as I know won´t mix his breeding with his racing this season....

Originally posted by davidjohnson+Apr 2 2008, 01:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (davidjohnson @ Apr 2 2008, 01:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Will@Apr 1 2008, 10:04 PM

Big Rob is back in training with Stoute as well.
Hopefully Stoutey will improve his jumping. [/b][/quote]
Has been a touch iffy in the past for sure - I think he might be outpaced over a mile tbh though.

Lockinge Entries:

Al Qasi (IRE)
Arabian Gleam
Astronomer Royal (USA)
Barshiba (IRE)
Blue Ksar (FR)
Cesare
Creachadoir (IRE)
Dark Islander (IRE)
Dimenticata (IRE)
Dubai's Touch
Duke of Marmalade (IRE)