One last fling of the dice

Outsider

Journeyman
With the season coming to an end I'm having a final a/p fling.
David OMeara has been fantastic for me this year and in the coral sprint I have to stick with NOMADIC EMPIRE 16/1
STRIKE RED is also in it plus 2 or 3 others I could back but Nomadic is very well hcapped.

In the Balmoral in a couple of weeks time O'Meara has all his usual ones in it and who knows which one.
ORBAAN
BLUE FOR YOU
BOPEDRO
ESCABAR
RHOSCOLYN

I've backed BLUE FOR YOU at 20s and 16s as I think this mile will suit better than the 7f last saturday.
I've also had a little on RHOSCOLYN 40/1 I think he needs this 1m has he keeps running on late.close 3rd in the golden mile last year and was close up again this year.ok Orbaan won easy but was getting loads of weight.

Super sprint on champions day I'm doing Slims CASTLE STAR 20/1
Very eye catching last time.

In the cesarewitch I dont have a clue really and it's not one of my favourite races. If the favourite travels over then it has an obvious chance but it's only a 3 yr old and the race might come to soon.
Ahorsewithnoname has a good chance and you have to respect anything Willie sends over.
But the one I like at a price is BASCULE 33/1 a late arrival on the scene this year and has run over 3 different distances and ran 5th in the trial last time and it looked to me as if hes just been for a day out each time.maybe I'm wide of the mark but I'm sticking with it.

So my ew yankee is
NOMADIC EMPIRE 16/1
CASTLE STAR 20/1
BLUE FOR YOU 16/1
BASCULE 33/1

Updates later in the week.

I dont know what to make of David O'Meara's runners this weekend.
Hes took NOMADIC EMPIRE out of the coral sprint and runs it in the 5f race tomorrow with Alligator alley.after getting NE well hcapped does he really wont to ruin its mark for 12 grand.im confused.
In the 7f hcap he runs BOPEDRO and YOUNG FIRE bopedro is blue across the board but this is another who would ruin his mark for 12 grand and is better over a mile.
I've done him at 33/1 for the Balmoral.
Young fire didnt run very well last time but that's his only really bad run and bet 365 have lengthened him to 14/1 and I've took that.
In the coral sprint on saturday he relies on GULLIVER 9/1 7 places skybet is decent.
Also in that I've done STRIKE RED 20/1.

Alligator alley 13/2
Young fire 14/1
Gulliver 11/1 6places
Are my choices.

Last edited:
Not a good day as Alligator alley didnt run and young fire was disappointing but tried to get a prominent position but got shuffled back and then didnt get a lot of room but although he likes softish going he didnt look like placing.hes my most expensive loser now.
I dont think Danny Tudhope tried on Bopedro as I expected.
W.Hill pushed it out to 50/1 for the Balmoral which got boosted to 56/1
So I've had a bit of that.
Nomadic Empire was disappointing but I expected that today.
Al Nafir which I put up on the "what are you backing today" thread more than saved my day.
GULLIVER has been shortened tonight and should give me a good run for my money.
Bascule ew for the cesarewitch
Bet365 free bet on Scaramanga.
Will have to see what else there is for tomorrow.

I've looked at my alerts and other races and the 500y is a tricky race.
I have 2 I have to back.i had both in mind for the November hcap as I feel they both need 12f but continue to run over 10f and both need luck in running as both are hold up horses.
GEREMIA is often slow to start which doesnt help but when it was 3rd he was working hard on him and was still way behind with 2 furlongs to run but weaved through.
FAYLAQ is the other and hes just as frustrating.
84 got into the November hcap last year so are they risking getting in or need a penalty.
That's if they have that race in mind.

Surely not 130y 5th
In the cold 455c 4th
Silver samurai 320y 3rd
Azure blue 450nm steps up in class. 1st
INTELLOGENT 520nm .
Mick McHugh 525c NR
Showmolina 530c
VERHOYEN 310C 8/1 big chance imo.
nurseclaire 600ch

I've done
GULLIVER 320Y took 11/1 the one to beat.
VERHOYEN 310c 9/1
BASCULE 340nm took 33s
GEREMIA 500Y 22/1 sky

In the 320 I've done 3
Gulliver
Silver samurai 3rd
Strike red. 1st

Last edited:
A couple of nice winners and 3 placed was a profitable day.
Strike red was a good winner even though it was my 2nd choice.
Gulliver never got a run when he needed room but that's the way he runs.
Silver samurai ran well for 3rd.
Azure blue won nicely and was 10/1 last night.
In from the cold was 4th 12/1
Geremia was slow away again and never got involved.he must be frustrating to train.
Faylaq ran a cracker for 2nd and it's annoying to get beat by a 33/1.

I've had a look at the trends for the Balmoral and I know my memory isnt very good but I was surprised this race as only been going 8 years.
So far all the winners have run in the last 30 days and only one 3 yr old has won (last year) and older horses havent done well.if you take the trends as they stand it leaves
BLUE FOR YOU (NAP)
RHOSCOLYN (NB)
PEROTTO
SYMBOLIZE
MAGICAL MORNING
CASANOVA
SHELIR

Shelir disappointed me last time as I thought it had a good chance and its interesting that Jason Watson keeps the faith. Not for me.
Magical morning was 3rd last year with Synchronised 2nd and is 2lb worse at the weights.you have to forgive both for bad runs lately.
With Gosden having 5 2nds plus MM 3rd in 8 yrs 33s is big but Synchronised should finish in front of him.
Perotto won the Brittania last year over c/d and is only a lb higher.
didnt run that badly in the Cambridgeshire where he got shuffled back and weakened 1 out.25/1 suits me.
Casanova. from Ireland and on a line through Raadoberg in the irish Lincoln shouldnt beat perotto.
Blue for you does look to have every chance and is now favourite so at least I have a juicy price.
RHOSCOLYN the Doyler is on and I took 40/1 and I think after running on in its races I think this stiff mile will suit.ran 3rd last year in the golden mile off higher as a 3 yr old.
4lb lower than when unplaced in this last year under Danny T.
I've also done ORBAAN 33/1.obviously.

So my bets are
Blue for you 20/1
Orbaan 33/1
Rhoscolyn 40/1
Perotto 25/1
and a pound ew Magical morning 33/1

I did Bopedro 50/1 but I doubt it will get in.dropped 2lb for not trying last time he will be of interest next year.maybe the Lincoln.

Good luck.

Shelir disappointed me last time as I thought it had a good chance and its interesting that Jason Watson keeps the faith. Not for me.

Well,well,well.why didnt it run like that when I lumped on last time.

AFTERTIMING..
In a moment of madness I had a pound win at 110 on the machine.

I stuck a 'just in case' quid on when I saw it at over 100 on BF few mins before the race, too, Outsider. We probably hit it around the same time. Can't argue with being 100 odd quid up, but you're right, it just looked like an afterthought today after Goodwood and York. Had the feel of a run out the back to start the downward move for a race next year. You have to take the philosophical view. But pretty painful, though. One to strike from the memory! Or at least take on the chin as a learning opportunity:-(

chaumi;bt1159 said:
I stuck a 'just in case' quid on when I saw it at over 100 on BF few mins before the race, too, Outsider. We probably hit it around the same time. Can't argue with being 100 odd quid up, but you're right, it just looked like an afterthought today after Goodwood and York. Had the feel of a run out the back to start the downward move for a race next year. You have to take the philosophical view. But pretty painful, though. One to strike from the memory! Or at least take on the chin as a learning opportunity:-(

The thing is,its not the first time hes done it with the unfancied one,that's why I usually do all of them.with hindsight Jason riding it was a hint wasnt it.
He put a claimer on Rhoscolyn the last twice but not today so when he drops a bit more he will win no doubt.
Young fire is another to keep in mind.
And definitely BOPEDRO.
Still I cant complain as Mr O'Meara has won me plenty this year.
My memory isnt good but I think Eric Cousins used to be the same.

I'm even more gutted now I've seen Reet's post with the post-Ripon quote. That's a huge lesson, I only canx the RP membership a few weeks ago to try Gee-geez for a bit. Expensive decision!!

But there will be other days :-)

Back