Osana

PRICEWISE2008

At the Start
Can anybody tell me why we haven't seen Osana as yet this season?? He's priced up for the Champion hurdle..Am assumimg that he's not injured and therefore will run. If he turns up fit and well, surely he's got to be a knocking good bet to at least make the frame again?? A forgotten horse maybe, granted the stable has been more or less under a cloud this season..Around 18's at Betfair..seems too good to be true...Then again, when something seems too good..it generally is:lol:.

He was supposedly not fit enough for his intended comeback which was November time, I think - might have been the Greatwood. I'm pretty sure that after that they again struggled to have him fit enough for another target then I think his bloods were wrong.

He was supposedly not fit enough for his intended comeback which was November time, I think - might have been the Greatwood. I'm pretty sure that after that they again struggled to have him fit enough for another target then I think his bloods were wrong.

Cheers SL & rory..If Osana does get there he'll be a fresh horse for sure:D. Got to be worth a little e/w poke at the prices..

From Racing Post website in November :

OSANA will miss his intended comeback run in Saturday's Boylesports International Hurdle at Cheltenham.
The David Pipe-trained six-year-old won the race last year, beating subsequent Champion Hurdle hero Katchit but Pipe said: "I want to wait a bit longer with him. He will be out soon, but he's not ready yet."

I'm pretty sure there has been news since, possibly over Christmas, I'm sure I read a line stuck in an article somewhere that said he either still wasn't quite ready or his bloods were slightly out, something fairly minor like that.

I think Osana would have as good a chance as any outside Binocular if he wasn't stuck with a 10 pound penalty on his back.

Scudamore getting the ride isn't necessarily a formality, Hamm. The owner was quoted in the Autumn that he will "have his say", when it comes to jockey bookings.

Brennan gave the horse a peach of a ride in the Bula, and I for one would like to see him on Osana in the Champion Hurdle.

If I thought Brennan would be on the horse, he'd carry my money for the CH each way.

I'd echo those sentiments Hamm, the money should be going down shortly though imo (before we know who get's the ride unfortunately). Don't want to miss the excellent price-value that's available at the moment.:cool:

I quite like Osana, but I like Punjabi and Sublimity (and Binocular) a bit more and you can't back all of them.

I think they could do it first time out....They have written the book haven't they?

With regards Scu, I would love to see Brennan ride. Just can't have Scu upsides over the last riding a finish up the hill. Hate to say it though:(

Osana being teed-up to run in the Agfa at the weekend, with Paddy Brennan looking likely to take (or at least be offered) the ride.

Traders...on your marks.

Taken 17 on Betfair. There are an awful lot of horses shorter who could only win dreadful dreadful renewals (as if the last two weren`t bad enough)

I, slightly behind the times, have just noticed Scudamore doesn't seem to be riding any of the Thomas Barr horses - has this been formally announced?

A man of impeccable taste, it has to be said :)

Osana supporters would have to be pleased with his recent performance behind the Nicholls horse, that's put him just about second favourite in some lists for the big one. Must surely come on a fair bit for that.

Back