Ouija Board second foal born

Aldaniti

At the Start
MULTIPLE Group 1-winning globetrotter Ouija Board gave birth to her second foal on Saturday morning, a colt by leading German sire Monsun.
The eight-year-old daughter of Cape Cross, who was a week overdue, will now travel to Kiltinan Stud in Ireland to visit last season's champion sire Galileo.
According to Peter Stanley of Stanley House Stud, where the mare boards, Ouija Board is doing well.
"She's a great mother, very sensible,"he said. "It was a straightforward foaling. The colt weighs 50kg and is a very nice, correct sort with a strong character."
Lord Derby's homebred mare retired at the end of the 2006 season following a brilliant career which yielded ten wins including seven at the highest level. Among her most memorable victories was a seven length annihilation of the 2004 Oaks field and two renewals of the Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf.
Ouija Board's first foal is a colt by Kingmambo, who is likely to be retained by Lord Derby.

I think the horse is going to need at least 1m4f to be at his best. I like the stayers myself but if he was trying to get a Guineas/Derby horse and not a Leger/Gold Cup horse than I think it is a mistake.

He's never going to get a Guineas horse, so he might as well concentrate on getting a top class twelve furlong runner.

sure enough monsun is a source for stamina, but one must never forget his grandsire dschingis khan was champion sprinter/miler in germany, and, interestingly with Dschingis Khan doubled in the pedigree, did sire a certain manduro, who, wonder of wonders, won a gr. I over 8 furlongs in france.

not sure whats wrong with mating, some people are simply never happy .... if a true owner-/breeder like Lord Derby cannot "afford" such a cover, who can?

I think the horse is going to need at least 1m4f to be at his best. I like the stayers myself but if he was trying to get a Guineas/Derby horse and not a Leger/Gold Cup horse than I think it is a mistake.

whats more, what do you expect her to bring after Galileo? a miler?

whats more, what do you expect her to bring after Galileo? a miler?

Eh yes actually.... I don't think the mating is conducive to producing a horse with enough speed to win a Guneas or Epsom Derby.Kingmambo or Galileo would have done nicely again.If the aim was to produce a stayer than it's perfect.

Manduro was out of a Be My Guest mare.

Surely it depends on what the owner wants to breed, whether it's for sale or to be retained to race as a home-bred ? They own the mare, they pays their money and so they makes their choice! If they offer it on the open market and it doesn't sell too well - their loss!

If Lord Derby goes around moaning in a couple of years or so that his horse is a slow old boat and he wanted to breed a miler, then he's only got himself to blame. If, on the other hand, in seven or eight year's time the MONSUN gelding is in the lead over the last in the Gold Cup and he still owns him, then he'll be having the last laugh, won't he?!?

Eh yes actually.... I don't think the mating is conducive to producing a horse with enough speed to win a Guneas or Epsom Derby.Kingmambo or Galileo would have done nicely again.If the aim was to produce a stayer than it's perfect.

Manduro was out of a Be My Guest mare.

eh, no real need to discuss then, I suppose. Must have been the aim with Monsun, too ....

Back