Our Vic

Nice to see connections staying loyal to Danny after his Satnav packed up last time he rode the horse. Think I'm right in saying its his first day back since his 28 day ban? And it must be his biggest win to date.

What a legend of a horse - great performance again Saturday.

I think he'd have a right chance in the National.

Maybe not before, but i think he stays a lot better now than years gone by. I'd have little doubt him staying at least 3m4 with the assumption the ground won't be too testing. After all, I think the stamina required for a national is different than for other long distance races, and he has plenty of pace to be able to lie up with the leaders. After that, who knows, but a lot of people believe in the theory that you need a 2m5 horse who can hunt around for the first circuit - not sure I'd subscribe to that, but I believe he would have every chance of staying, plus has more class than almost anything else likely to line up. I'm not sure i've seen a horse jump better than him this season either.

I'm certainly not suggesting he should be in the top 5 in the betting, but I think there is a case fo saying he may run very well.

Last edited:
His victory over Kauto at Aintree was one of
my favourite races of the decade.Worth a back to lay bet at that kind of price in the National.

After that, who knows, but a lot of people believe in the theory that you need a 2m5 horse who can hunt around for the first circuit
All of those people believe the earth is flat too. The problem with our Vic in the National is that he needs very soft ground but won't stay the trip if he gets it. Love the horse though - least deserving Timeform squiggle of all time imo.

I just think that he will get taken on for the lead, won't get the lead, sulk and then end up pulling up. I think the best thing is for him to be rested ready for the National.

Back