Over the cliff

My punting has been a disaster since the Totesport meeting, but I am confident that Zaynar will make up for it today.

I'm also increasingly sweet on Comply Or Die for the Nash (for reasons I can't quite put my finger on).

Well, I thought my old pal Celestial Halo would have won.

I can accept that Khyber Kim maybe idled in front but he didn't exactly put a lot of daylight between himself and the the next horese from the last. Stop the race two out and you'd say KK was the winner because he was going so well but stop the race on Friday two out and you'd say Forpadydeplaster would have left Albertas Run for dead. Celestial Halo's stamina was just about to kick in and maybe KK was emptying.

I suppose we'll need to wait for the rematch.

I can accept that Khyber Kim maybe idled in front but he didn't exactly put a lot of daylight between himself and the the next horese from the last. Stop the race two out and you'd say KK was the winner because he was going so well but stop the race on Friday two out and you'd say Forpadydeplaster would have left Albertas Run for dead. Celestial Halo's stamina was just about to kick in and maybe KK was emptying.

I'm sorry but this smacks of seeing what you want to see. Celestial Halo's stamina is no more proven at 2 1/2m that what Khyber Kim's was prior to yesterday.

Paul Nicholls said after the Champion Hurdle that they'd been trying to win the top two-mile races with a three-miler [Celestial Halo]. We'll see in due course.

Very difficult to tell whether he would have beaten KK - I doubt it but he was certainly running a miles better race than he was in the previous two years.

Paul Nicholls said after the Champion Hurdle that they'd been trying to win the top two-mile races with a three-miler [Celestial Halo]. We'll see in due course.

What's your source for this? He said on RUK prior to yesterdays race that they would ride a more patient race yesterday as despite what the Flat boys were telling him about Celestial Halo, he wasn't sure he'd stay.Although it would hardly be groundbreaking news if it was revealed that Nicholls had contradicted himself.

If he goes chasing next season do you want a free £10 bet for the Arkle or for the RSA?

Last edited:
I don't have the source other than it's in my notes. Probably from a TV/radio interview?

"PN: we think he's really a three-miler but he was showing so much speed we felt we could win the top two-mile races with him."

If he does go chasing (they might see him as the successor to BB and send the latter chasing again) I'd imagine they'd target the Arkle in his novice year and the Grand National as a 9 or 10yo.

What's your source for this? He said on RUK prior to yesterdays race that they would ride a more patient race yesterday as despite what the Flat boys were telling him about Celestial Halo, he wasn't sure he'd stay.Although it would hardly be groundbreaking news if it was revealed that Nicholls had contradicted himself.

If he goes chasing next season do you want a free £10 bet for the Arkle or for the RSA?

That is what I heard as well - he also stated that people had gone over the top about his Wincanton performance as the horse was pretty fit for the race and that he did not think the form was reliable.

Kyber Kim looked the winner to me from a long way out - CH might well have stayed going but that's his problem, he'll be vulnerable to a horse that quickens up ala KK.

I'm not sure anything would have beaten kk yesterday. Was a great shame that Mr Geraghty lost his iron and Zaynar got mullered when he did yesterday as he was just coming back onto the bit. I almost had a feel of the inglis drever watching Zaynar yesterday being shoved and cajoled along from a long way out but was just about to get going. Guess we will never know now. World Hurdle here we come!

Paul Nicholls said.

What in god's name has this got to do with anything? If the form or watching a race doesn't show your point, why then depend on one person's opinion.

If he's a 3 miler, why have you been backing him in 2 mile championship events?

Nothing wrong with getting a horse wrong, but you have and need to accept it instead of burying your head in the sand. The best horse won, and won well.

Kauto, please, send Zaynar chasing!! He'll make a cracking chaser, could be a Gold Cup horse for you all some day. I'll have to get Butch to pass the message on to Victor next time I see him!!!! :D

Back