Owners Badges For Today

Colin Phillips

At the Start
Just been on the phone to a mate, to see if he was on his way to Cheltenham as part of the owner's party supporting Enlightenment in the Johnny Henderson Chase.

He was gutted to say no, the owner had only been alloted three badges..........himself, his wife and his driver.

Seems a bit mean to me and do you think Harry and Clive will be restricted to just three badges?

By the way, the horse is very well thought of, he had an entry for the Arkle. Moloney, his rider, thinks he will be ideally suited by a fast run stiff two miles. His last win at Ludlow was given a boost when Possol, who he easily beat in that race, ran well in the Jewson yesterday.

Is it correct that any owner of a horse entered at the six day stage is entitled to badges?
If so would that go some way to explaining why the Wilson no hopers get so many entries?
Does seem a little harsh.

Where did I put it, Col? :shy:

BTW, the 3 badges only is specifically for today, if he had run in the Arkle on Tuesday (they don't think he would have beaten Tidal Bay but might well have placed) this 'problem' wouldn't have arisen, so I'm told.

Is it to do with the extra races on the card? Or just because it's Gold Cup day and sold out regardless?

Originally posted by Colin Phillips@Mar 14 2008, 09:42 AM
Where did I put it, Col? :shy:
In the Competition section, talk about getting peoples hopes up! :)

Looks like they allocate 4 to every entry normally, this is bound to have been arranged in advanced and so likely to be a Gold Cup day policy rather than because of Wednesday I would say.

Enlightenment is Nick Shiambouros's 80/20 bet of the day - say no more!
If Pomme Tiepy hadn't fallen yesterday, he might have 'gone though the card' -
the other outright win bets all won and the W&Ps either won or were place :what:

Back