Panorama 8.30 Greyhound Racing

EC1

On a break
might be worth a watch..from the radio times site

Daniel Foggo went undercover to investigate the world of greyhound racing, exposing blatant cheating including one trainer who revealed how he doped dogs to effect betting coups - some claimed by him to have paid out up to £150,000. His findings have prompted animal welfare campaigners to call for the Government to reconsider the sport's self-regulatory status.

Thanks for the heads-up. (I had thought Panorama had scheduled a show about the News Of The World "fake sheikh" for this evening, which I wasn't going to watch, so would have missed the greyhound "expose").
It was a bit of a hatchet job against greyhound racing in general, tho', wasn't it? Okay, a greyhound trainer "stops" some of his dogs, -- shock, horror. But is that a basis to call for the termination of the entire sport as Daniel Foggio seemed to be suggesting?
Foggio has a bit of history in this regard -- he did another television greyhound expose a couple of years back.

Only at my local track, and only when I'm there in person live. No remote betting into other tracks.
(Do a lot more substantial betting on Park Coursing tho'). :rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads-up. (I had thought Panorama had scheduled a show about the News Of The World "fake sheikh" for this evening, which I wasn't going to watch, so would have missed the greyhound "expose").
It was a bit of a hatchet job against greyhound racing in general, tho', wasn't it? Okay, a greyhound trainer "stops" some of his dogs, -- shock, horror. But is that a basis to call for the termination of the entire sport as Daniel Foggio seemed to be suggesting?
Foggio has a bit of history in this regard -- he did another television greyhound expose a couple of years back.

Yes he exposed a trainer killing and burying dogs on his land illegally, the burying that is not the killing. Estimated up to 10,000 dogs disposed off in this way.

Yes he exposed a trainer killing and burying dogs on his land illegally, the burying that is not the killing. Estimated up to 10,000 dogs disposed off in this way.

that story was horrid...what kind of a person are you to be doing what he did everyday?...beyond my comprehension

There are some very bad people in Greyhound Racing, but the sport has went in that direction due to what its become. Bookie fooder for the addicted in the shops. Exactly the same as the big Greyhound Track that Baldie is re-opining in Great Leighs.

Back