Paul Nicholls

littlelad

At the Start
Saw an interview on RPTV today regarding the king george he was asked was he concerned about imperial commander given the bullish remarks by NTD? Nicholls replied no as NTD is always bullish about his horses! Seemed a bit cheeky espicially from him :(

I read somewhere that they had fallen out before and weren't the friendliest. In fairness tho with Kauto Star going for his 4th successive King George at his favourite track, where he has turned in 3 awesome performances each year, it would be hard for him to be worried about any horse. The only horse that will beat Kauto is himself if you ask me.

I'm sure she just means scuzzy old horses' rugs, and stuff like that. Trudi's mind is pure and clean, she'd never think of anything smutty.

To be fair, NTD's comments about his own horses are always very bullish so needs to be taken witha pinch of salt. He never says anything else.

I do wonder if there's any point to asking trainers how the horses they're running that day are? What are they likely to say? "No, he's far from fit, but the old hag of an owner insists I run him before she goes on holiday?" Or, "Actually, I'm not sure he's breathing right - been making a bit of a noise at home. But the owner's an ignorant twit who just pays his bills, so I haven't bothered to tell him."

I can't see any trainer being entirely straight with an interviewer, unless the knowledge that a horse is a bit wrong is already in the public domain - i.e., in the RP Comments in Running "PU, lame", etc, or off with a vet's certificate when last withdrawn. They'd have to say something about its condition then, but o/w I tend to think it's largely a waste of time.

I see in Nicholl's Racing Post colum yesterday he revealled that leading novice chasers Michele le bon and Pride of Dulcolite are both sidelined for the remainder of the season after suffering minor set backs from their successful chasing debuts! Disappointing news, both looked exciting prospects this season with big race credentials!!

Back