Peeping Fawn

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
The POW is made for her this year - Ramonti and Phoenix Tower her main rivals - do me a favour. 10 on BF as i type.

Or will Coolmore pull the usual shite and leave all the meaty races to the boys.

It will be very interesting to see how she is campaigned this year. If she is still slaughtering her own sex maybe they will try and pitch her in against the colts at some stage. Not sure the Prince Of Wales will be the race though.

Originally posted by Euronymous@May 23 2008, 08:10 AM
The POW is made for her this year - Ramonti and Phoenix Tower her main rivals - do me a favour. 10 on BF as i type.

Or will Coolmore pull the usual shite and leave all the meaty races to the boys.
What a load of Rubbish.

Watch Ramonti's performances again last year. 4 Group 1 wins beating all comers, as tough as nails and a talent that for some reason seems to go unnoticed. Any layer that would have Peeping Fawn ahead of Ramonti in a potential PoW betting market would need their head read.

Originally posted by simmo@May 23 2008, 10:47 AM
Equally any layer who would have Peeping Fawn twice the price of Ramonti would need their head examined.
I disagree. Her price now reflects not only her chance in the race, but also the likelihood she will even turn up.

Originally posted by Andrew Hurley@May 23 2008, 11:34 AM

Watch Ramonti's performances again last year. 4 Group 1 wins beating all comers
Excellent Art and who else?? He won four because it was a poor year.

Given that the price of Ramonti also reflects the possibility that he won't make it to the race, I think Euro is quite right to highlight it as a potential rick. I reckon that were they both to turn up on the day, PF would still be close to twice the price of Ramonti. Which is just wrong.

It's impossible to rate Ramonti's form particularly high. However, he's ridden to win races, not to run to good figures and he looks the sort that keeps pulling out just enough. That said, he's obviously had a setback of his own to have missed Dubai so I'd not be in a hurry to be backing him for anything ante-post.

Originally posted by Euronymous@May 23 2008, 11:57 AM
Not at all, with normal improvement between 3 and 4 she`d have every chance.
I can't think of any who were top class at 3 who improved by much past wfa from 3 to 4. All the beasts who spring to mind were just below top class at 3.

Even without improvement if they did meet it would be over 10f, and i`m not convinced the Godolphin beast will stay anyway.

Originally posted by Andrew Hurley@May 23 2008, 02:58 PM
Did he not stay in Hong Kong in December?
I looked at that race and i`m not convinced, the pacemaker went pretty stop start and Viva Pataca looked a bit unlucky to me. I suppose it depends where they run him over 10f. For me he wont stay at Ascot because of the uphill finish and York because it`s an extended 10f. The Eclipse is where i`d aim him.

They're both heroic animals and it would be a interesting match up. I'd have to side with Peeping Fawn but you couldn't knock the form of either of them last season.

Back