Peter Beaumont set to retire.

Soba

At the Start
One of my all time heroes in the game has announced he is due to retire at the end of the month.

A great trainer and an absolute gentleman who has given me some of my best memories in racing. When you look at some of horses that he had and the big races that he won with them you can only realise just how good a trainer he was. The likes of J J Henry, Jodami, Young Kenny, Island Chief, Bobby Grant and Hussard Collonges to name just a few. For a small yard that is a fantastic achievement.
One thing I always liked about him too was the type of horse that he trained, the good old fashioned type chaser. He always brought along slowly and he never rushed them into anything before they were ready and reaped the rewards of doing so.

Wishing him a very long and very happy retirement.

One of my all time heroes in the game has announced he is due to retire at the end of the month.

A great trainer and an absolute gentleman who has given me some of my best memories in racing. When you look at some of horses that he had and the big races that he won with them you can only realise just how good a trainer he was. The likes of J J Henry, Jodami, Young Kenny, Island Chief, Bobby Grant and Hussard Collonges to name just a few. For a small yard that is a fantastic achievement.
One thing I always liked about him too was the type of horse that he trained, the good old fashioned type chaser. He always brought along slowly and he never rushed them into anything before they were ready and reaped the rewards of doing so.

Wishing him a very long and very happy retirement.

Had the good fortune to run into him after the HWPA awards where he happily talked about his best horses and his enjoyment of a long career. Lovely man.

ATR showed him chatting with Robert Cooper - he seemed so self-effacing and modest. It's lovely to have people's personal insights into trainers they've met - he seems to be extremely well-regarded, even affectionately thought of, which is super. His horses always looked good, kind, and genuine types, too. Loved seeing the re-run of JODAMI vs MORLEY STREET, with the latter relentlessly losing loads of ground by charging leftwards down his jumps, while JODAMI jumped straight as a gun barrel to win.

We´ve been to vitit his yard a couple of years back, and as Cruci said, one of the nicest people you could meet. He spent literally hours with us, showing us all horses, went out to the field where Hussard Collonges was, etc. sadly Jodami was on his holidays down south then (he WAS still alive at the time) so missed him. Sad to see him leave the training ranks, but nothing decent for some time now, and really wish him a long and happy retirement as well !

Great man. Trained some lovely horses and I'll always remember Hussards Collonges because I backed him in the RSA when he won. When I turned up at the bookies to collect my, substantial, winnings he said 'How'd you pick that??' I just smiled and walked away:)

Have a great retirement Peter!

Back