Peterborough Chase moved to Newbury

SteveM

At the Start
Good news that the Peterborough Chase has been transferred to Newbury on Wednesday... let's hope Newbury goes ahead.

Nice one - the Peterborough is one of my favourite races.

It's a bit of a pisser that it's now being run left-handed. I had quite a sizeable bet at what I thought was a very handy price on Master Medic on Sunday morning, and was rather gutted when the race didn't go ahead. I hope he isn't dec'd for Newbury - I could do without the temptation, as I'd probably have to back him even though he needs to go right-handed.

Agree with all that - I reckon that race at Huntingdon was the race to catch him, and he looked very big to me.

From my point of view I'm glad he's going straight to Kempton - now that the race has been delayed I wouldn't have wanted him to have a hard race so soon before the King George, which is the race I've had in mind for him for a long time now.

Rivershide Theatre ish ash shoft ash shite, shurely Shadow?

I couldn't have him unless he was carting top-weight both ways round Fontwell against a collection of hounds.

PS. Feel free to quote me on this if he scatters-up at Kempton. :D

Last edited:
I reckon he's a right King George type myself - and it'll make my ten to follow look a lot healthier as well if my hunch is right!

Rivershide Theatre ish ash shoft ash shite, shurely Shadow?

I couldn't have him unless he was carting top-weight both ways round Fontwell against a collection of hounds.

PS. Feel free to quote me on this if he scatters-up at Kempton. :D

You are wide of the mark-i expect him to run a big race.

Anyone think Master Medic rather big at 9s? For me he basically has Twist Magic to beat, as I think he will be rated better than the others by the end of the season. Twist Magic may well win, and win well, but he also may do any number of things which means he has no chance.

From my point of view I'm glad he's going straight to Kempton - now that the race has been delayed I wouldn't have wanted him to have a hard race so soon before the King George, which is the race I've had in mind for him for a long time now.

Agree with that - missing it a bonus and I think he'll go well fresh.

I think something would have to go very wrong to stop Kauto taking the KG. However, if it does RT could be the best alternative, even above Long Run... although both have a little to prove.

Last edited:
Despite getting beat, that was a terrific training performance by Nicholls to get Breedsbreeze to run so well after 660 odd days off.

Back