Place Betting, Is It The Way Forward?

Ricko

Rookie
Wasn't a bad day for me overall today, but could have been a lot better. Wasn't an easy day to find winners and i told myself i was backing all my fancies in the place market only at the start of the week, but i can't seem to resist the big prices and the rush of a big winner. Would have made a hell of a lot more had i done so, with the likes of VPU a certainty to place, but always likely to find one too good.

Does anyone play place only and is it the road to steadier profits? Or at least smaller losses ;)

Originally posted by Bar the Bull@Mar 13 2008, 07:45 PM
I have had 6 seconds, I think.

I don't look like a girl, so therefore I would find it difficult to bet like one.
Heh, good point well made. But i'd happily wear a skirt to the pub if I were making money every day.

Well I am a girl [if I may stretch the age consideration a bit] and I'd be very well down this week if I hadn't bet in the place market. It's esp good on big handicaps where you can get decent prices on the place. Why be ashamed if it? Punting isn't *just* about amour propre, one's macho image, and boasting rights - it's about coming out on top financially!

If you can get on with them, the tote are doing place (1,2) and show (1,2,3) bets at fixed odds.

Back