Plumpton 11th Feb

Ballydoyle

At the Start
Just flicking through the card and stopped at the first race. There is a filly running called ZAMELIANA who a few members of TH will remember fondly!

She was the first horse I ever had a share in thanks to Fudge and through this syndication I also met Martin (Irish Stamp) and Tony (BlazingWalker). She was and still is trained by Dr Jeremy Naylor down in Salisbury - Fudge was her "lad" and she was fondly known as "Molly".

Its a little sad to see her being run over hurdles as she wasnt particularly good on the flat (honestly she was appalling!) and her breeding doesnt really suggest much will happen over the sticks.

Called me a sentimental ol' fool but had I won the £95mill on Friday, she would have been one of my first purchases!

There were three fallers in the second last at Plumpton today, the screens were up for quite a long time and I had to go - was dragged off! - before we got any news.

I see 6 yr old Give Me A Dime trained by Nick Gifford didn't make it, commiserations to connections
The two who we think clipped heels as they came down on the flat seem to be OK

Zameliana was PU when tailed off.

Thanks Headstrong - I managed to tape ATR (from my mobile!) and watched it when i got home. She wasnt really going at all but ran with her usual enthusiasm and didnt seem to jump badly. Now all she needs to do is get some class and speed and stamina ;)

Back