Police caution ho hum!

Aldaniti

At the Start
Cant put this on fb as I not sure who can see it,

Hubbies boss received a police caution a few weeks ago, apparently for hitting another employee, no one witnessed it but I assume the police must have believed one over the other because of the caution,
Anyway employee is now asking for compensation otherwise they will take him to a employment tribunal, money have been offered in return for an end to it but this morning local paper rung in asking about it, boss went ape! telling them he would take them to court if they printed anything,

my question is if he has a caution, can he take them to court for printing it?

He is also a local councillor so that wont go down well!

Cant put this on fb as I not sure who can see it,

Hubbies boss received a police caution a few weeks ago, apparently for hitting another employee, no one witnessed it but I assume the police must have believed one over the other because of the caution,
Anyway employee is now asking for compensation otherwise they will take him to a employment tribunal, money have been offered in return for an end to it but this morning local paper rung in asking about it, boss went ape! telling them he would take them to court if they printed anything,

my question is if he has a caution, can he take them to court for printing it?

He is also a local councillor so that wont go down well!

Take them to court for what? As long as they print the truth he can't really complain about anything let alone take anyone to court, if they lie he can't really do that much.
Ardross is probably the best person to comment though :)

If he has accepted the 'caution', isn't that his admittal of guilt (which is why the 'victim' can rightly to go after him for damages)? and he's got off without a court case ?

He has accepted the caution yes, it happened a few weeks ago

No one knows who has contacted the paper but he pisses so many people off that its more of a case of who didn't!

Back