Pontefract

Jamie

At the Start
Has anyone seen this cracking pedigree on show?

LONDON BID 3-y-o f
Trainer: Sir Michael Stoute Owner: Ballymacoll Stud
Breeder: Ballymacoll Stud Farm Ltd
Rainbow Quest(USA) (11.1f) - Islington(IRE) (Sadler's Wells (USA)(11.3f))

Is around 4/1 in the betting so isn't really expected to do much first time by the look of things, but I'm looking forward to seeing how the first progeny of the terrific racemare Islington gets on! 3pm it runs.

Stoute's unraced animals in maidens are rarely tuned up on debut, so 4/1 is probably a poor price (given you need 5/1 + for an e/w bet).

When they are expected it shows, as we saw with Zacinto on Friday.

A racer to watch and learn from I reckon.

Definitley numbersix, Stoutes always improve massively from their first run, especially his older horses and this will probably be the case with London Bid, however this doesn't look an overly hard race to start off in.

Jamie, I wouldn't be inclined to dimiss this as that weak a heat - Eddery's Abdulla animal ran a race full of promise at Nottingham and was given a very easy time of it. The Godolphin filly has one thing in mind today - paddocks value and getting that all important maiden win under her belt. Also the 5lb she receives, with the big plus of Dettori (his only ride of the day), and valuable racecourse experience make her a major danger to Stoute's charge. And I haven't even mentione Rae Guest's favourite!

Tread carefully!

Dont worry, I'm not backing it. I only bet what my tools tell me to bet, not unraced maidens, unless of course inside info is involved but in this case there's nothing.

I will watch with interest.

Finished 4th having been up there most of the way,probably got tired and will do better next time.

Demonstrated a decent cruising speed, reacting very well's to Shane Kelly's attempt to put pace to the race on the Abdulla animal.

Quite simply ran out of gas and was not knowcked about.

Probably turn up one Monday evening at Windsor and be backed off the boards. Difficult to know what strength there was though on reflection, as the first two hardly look potential pattern material.

This one falls between two stools for me. I would be loath to wade in at silly odds next time, and there is every chance they are trying to get him handicapped - so not for the first time it a Stoute one could get turned over at odds on following a "promising" first run. Reminds me of Greek Well (ironically a full brother to Islington) in this repsect.

Ran totally unfancied in Montbretia's race today at Nottingham.

Given a tender education by Pat Dobs, just the one back hander, again travelled very well through the race.

Obviously getting a handicap mark. Watch out for the handicap debut later in the season!

Back