Poor customer service at Ladbrokes

montyracing2

At the Start
Could be just a gripe but definitely a gripe!

Over a number of years, I have opened numerous accounts (BFair, Betfred, VC, Sbet, PP, Bsports ..) the common theme being that when a bookmaking organisation has sponsored a competition. I feel obliged not only to open an account (for any prizes Ha...Ha...Ha) but also to load the account with a reasonable starting bank to bet with.

Now, I have always taken up an offer of free bet but always thereafter played through my account and played up on that account until another competition takes my eye. Shows you what a loser I am!

So having decided to enter a Ladbroke sponsored competition I opened the account with my usual 'Freebet amount plus a tenner'.

As always, I tried to confirm the offer (with Ladbrokes) getting the response ‘Sorry there is no prom code but, instead, feel free to have a £30 pound matched bet valid for two days.’

This was Sunday when there didn’t seem much hope of decent racing until Tuesday.

I returned to the website through which I thought I had opened the account and there was no mention of a promo code.

Thinking this offer was inappropriate I told Laddies that I would take up the offer with a longer validation period (my wish would be for 30 days). Ladbrokes have extended the offer to the end of the week, presumably Friday, although with the correspondence to date can I trust that offer.

This, too, is inappropriate as I tend to select bets at the weekends and am pretty choosey as well.

In the past when I have queried freebet terms the bookmaking organisation has fallen over backwards to make me feel welcome (VC, Sbet and PP in particular) but this interaction with Ladbrokes has left me very cold.

Gripe off chest – MR2

Thanks for the sympathy Relly, may all your accounts be lost overnight in the virtual ether and ....

I curse thy head and all the hairs of thy head; I curse thy face, thy brain (innermost thoughts), thy mouth, thy nose, thy tongue, thy teeth, thy forehead, thy shoulders, thy breast, thy heart, thy stomach, thy back, thy arms, thy leggs, thy hands, thy feet, and every part of thy body, from the top of thy head to the soles of thy feet, before and behind, within and without ... oh and may they drop off!

If one can't gripe in public then there's not much fun to be had - MR2

I think the problem Monty is that it's an everyday occurence for longter
customers of the big bookmakers to receive shocking customer service.A newcomer cherrypicking special offers isn't going to get much sympathy.

Aaagh, how can someone given to throwing money at fortune risk the curse of the Border Reivers.
So, Bloody, in addition to the lovely thought of Relkeels cursed entrails may:
I curse you going and I curse you riding; I curse you standing and I curse you sitting; I curse you eating and I curse you drinking; I curse you rising, and I curse you lying; I curse you at home, I curse you away from home; I curse you within the house, I curse you outside of the house; I curse your wives, your children, and your servants who participate in your deeds. I bring ill wishes upon your crops, your cattle, your wool, your sheep, your horses, your swine, your geese, your hens, and all your livestock. I (bring ill wishes upon) your halls, your chambers, your kitchens, your stanchions, your barns, your cowsheds, your barnyards, your cabbage patches, your plows, your harrows, and the goods and houses that are necessary for your sustenance and welfare . and may yours drop off too!
I’m so glad I was made to learn this curse at school, wonder if those customer service people at Laddies would appreciate my attention - MR2

Aaagh, Lukey boy. Your words are grist to my mill.

So Luke, I curse thy bending over to Laddies, I curse thy pessimism, I curse thy laissez-faire, I curse thy cherry picking judgements, I curse thy cynicism, I curse thy belittlement, I curse thy demeanour, I curse thy besmirchment, I curse thy condescension ... and may yours drop off, too.

Not in the mood for hearing ‘truths’, guys – MR2

Back