Powerful Prospects

Flame

At the Start
Powerful Prospects

Instead of our normal update today I want to bring you all up to date on a number of horses really working well or catching the eye. I will supply some bets at the bottom of the page.

Many people will see him as a disappointment after yesterday but Native Ruler (Henry Cecil) remains very much at the fore front of our exciting horses this season. In a race with very little pace, he saw a lot of daylight before running green when asked to quicken. Not knocked about he ran a commendable race in 2nd suggesting better will come from the son of Cape Cross. Given a nice introduction soft ground could prove key to him but I would expect a massive improvement from him next time out. He is still in my mind as a Derby prospect and he should give a good account of himself next time.

Serious Attitude (Rae Guest) looked in good order before racing on the Rowley Mile yesterday when working 6.5f under Pat Smullen. Led by former Michael Jarvis trained handicapper Dichoh (rated 80) she moved promisingly in behind before being asked to lengthen by Smullen. Running on stoutly by 2 – 3L at the end of the gallop she gave the impression she had done smartly from 2 to 3. It was a pleasing gallop and she looks to have a touch of class about her.

Rainbow View (John Gosden)(Jimmy Fortune) came through her latest assignment in flying colours, moving comfortably alongsides Decorum (Richard Mullen) in a 6.5f workout up the Rowley Mile. Not ask to extend herself she finished nicely on the bridle with her companion nudged along to remain upsides. It was a pleasing gallop but still doesn’t give the answers many are looking for given how impressive Fantasia was yesterday.

Ghanaati (Barry Hills)(Richard Hills) blew away the cobwebs in her Spin with two companions also over 6.5f on the Rowley Mile yesterday. Sitting last of her trio she moved through nicely and quickened up smartly to go comfortably 1.5L clear on the bridle, chased down to 3/4L at the end of the gallop by a driven Mustaqer (Michael Hills) who was doing his best work at the finish. Ghanaati was easily going best of the trio, with Mustaqer shaping as if he would appreciate a longer trip this season. The pair in turn pulled some 6 – 7L clear of their lead.

Earlier in the morning on the Limekilns, Sir Michael Stoute observed a set of four smart fillies going through their latest gallop. Barynya looks a forward sort who showed up best in the gallop from a very flashy grey filly Strawberrydaiquiri who moved smartly in behind suggesting she would be of interest in the mile maiden at Windsor on Monday. The pair held a distinct advantage over Philipina (Ryan Moore) with Purissima bringing up rear in the quartet.

Kensington Oval (Louis Phillipe Beuzelin) was another to catch the eye on Wednesday morning and he looked in top form as he got the better of his elder brother Ask and one other in a strong 7f piece of work. Held together under his rider he looks to have strengthened up nicely from 3 to 4 and appears to be a well handicapped horse for the season.

Over 7f was a nice bunched gallop as well of 5 promising older horses, the flashy white face of Patkai really stood out as he took hold of the bit passing us and he moved really well with Tajaweed hot on his heels with Perfect Stride (J D Smith) and Doctor Fremantle (Ryan Moore) tuck in behind going nicely. Tartan Bearer brought up the rear but was just tracking these up.

Luca Cumani looks to have a live hope for the season in Riggins and he impressed over 7f up the Limekilns this morning stretching out impressively away from one time Derby hope Curtain Call. In a very exciting gallops the lightly raced 5yo gave the impression he could be a group horse in waiting and looks sure to make an impact off his mark this season.

Today

Militarist (1.50) looks the pick in the Wood Ditton from Newmarket after an impressive gallop last week where he worked in front of Sopranist who won yesterday. 8/10

Close Alliance (3.35) is ew value against Delegator in the Craven and he has been working very nicely at home. Working with yesterday’s winner Nehaam he looks sure to run a big race. 7/10 EW

Resort (4.45) is our best bet at HQ and she has been looking a class act in her work for the Stoute team. She carries maximum confidence.

Away from Newmarket I’m keen to have a good bet on Mutamaashi (3.30 Ripon) who was not totally ready when winning on debut but has since impressed. Cantering all over Triple Aspect and Prohibition in a recent gallop he carries maximum confidence this afternoon. 9/10

Tonight at Wolves the Cumani camp should collect with Cascata (7.15) and work with Bullet Man suggests that this one is well enough handicapped to collect. 8/10

Good Luck

Flame - dunno if there's a topic on this or not, as still trying to navi my way around - have you Given Up All and become Holly Hall's agent yet?

R,e to Krizon, I am not doing Holly but have 5 jockeys on my books which is going well, including an apprentice who I think could be the real deal.

Regards

Chris

No it's a lad whose caught the eye with 8 rides thus far no winners, but learnt his trade under Sir Mark Prescott and has spent a couple of years in America, naturally light and hopefully by the end of the season he could be turning a few heads.

Back