Powers Gold Cup

del boy

Senior Jockey
Doesnt look too hot of a race, big fan of Zaarito, in my humble opinion he only has to jump to win.

Anyone any opinions? He is 9/4 with Powers, what sort of SP do we think?? Will the meeting survive this weather!!

Two of my most painful lays of the season are entered Zaarito and Psycho.Will be looking to take the two of them on again if the opposition is half decent.

Not strong in terms of strength in depth but Kempes, Shakervilz, Zaarito, Psycho and Roberto Goldback are all pretty smart.

Likely ground throws a spanner into the works. Think Zaarito is the best horse in the race, though.....with Shakervilz a very interesting alternative

Prospects of this going ahead would have to be doubtful at best. Arrived home to miserable, rainy weather this morning. Can't imagine it's much different in Ratoath - if the course was barely raceable yesterday, hard to Sunday's card going ahead.

Zaarito out to 5.1 on Betfair. Fairly strong case to be made for back him as it arguably takes jumping fears significantly into account.

My original idea had been to back and place lay the Murphy horse on the basis that if he stands up he'll take a hell of a lot of beating. That said, I was far from impressed with his jumping at Naas last time - thought he got in close to far too many. Lack of scope has to be a major worry jumping at pace.

Kempes would make a lot of appeal at current prices on better ground.

That was not nice viewing - legless horses.

I dont know what he was doing on Let Yourself Go - how on earth was he meant to get home after that gallop.

Some run of things for Gilligan.

Taking lessons from The Man From Slatt's book of how to ensure the horse gets beat Gal.

Gilligan doing very well at the moment - Cheltenham, flat, jumps all the same for him.

Murphy must be tearing his hair out (what's left of it anyway) with Zaarito :(

Murphy must be tearing his hair out (what's left of it anyway) with Zaarito :(

What can you do?? He would have won by a street today, he hadn't even come off the bridle. He'd be a proper grade 1 horse, if he could jump. He's such a light horse that he just can't afford to hit fences or his arse comes over his head!! So annoying as he jumped well up to then.

So annoying as he jumped well up to then.

Really well in fact - like you say though when he touches a fences at all he just cannot stand up. Shame as he is such a brave horse - really takes a cut at his fences despite all his falls. Would hurdles ever be considered again for him Cantoris - eventually if he keeps taking falls like this (especially on better ground) injury or worse is going to strike.

Back