Pricewise Stats

Desert Orchid

Senior Jockey
I used to have a bookmarked link to a site that monitored all the tipsters but can't locate it.

Can anyone put up a link to a site that is up to date on this? I tried googling with no success.

What a hoot

And in last place of 346 on minus €9,236 is Nick Mordin

There's some amusing ones there isn't there

Peter Naughton -€15
Mapletoft -€535
Valuescope -€603
Holt -€769
Cullinan -€849
Winstanley -1103
Timeform -€3124
alex Gorrie -€3249
The Sweeney -€5958
Mordin -€9236

Where's Thommos Buzz line? Not enough charcters in the spreadsheet to accomodate the loses?

Last edited:
Nick Mordin goes to show that Speed Figures are really not what they are cracked up to be.

Pricewise though is just outstanding, although it has to be all inside information surely?

Nick Mordin goes to show that Speed Figures are really not what they are cracked up to be.

I had an article published in Raceform Update about 20 years ago in which I concluded that form lines stood up far better than times. I've never abandoned my own time ratings because every now and again they tell you something few others have picked up on, as EC1 and Warbler will agree, I'm sure.

I had an article published in Raceform Update about 20 years ago in which I concluded that form lines stood up far better than times. I've never abandoned my own time ratings because every now and again they tell you something few others have picked up on, as EC1 and Warbler will agree, I'm sure.

It is surely common sense to use every tool possible rather than base everything on an offical rating, speed rating etc. Gamla's and Warbler's speed figures told us Ballydoyle had no good three year olds this year, certainly not milers this year....but the form of Mastercraftsmans Phoenix Stakes was pretty hot but was ignored because of the speed figures. Other times their ratings have thrown up huge winners...Natagora for instance for Warbler.

Because a horse has not yet produced a big official or speed rating does not mean he cannot. It is then you sure have to use the other tools/options available....trainer record, horse's racing style, trainer record, jockey etc.

As for Mordin, no other column gets under my skin as much as his. Not because of his ratings specifically, but the manner in which he applies them. For me, he makes up his mind on a horse...then sticks a rating to explain it. I remember a couple of seasons back, him getting into his head that the French 3 year olds were the best in years....it turned out to be a particularly bad bunch...yet he was still spouting on about them come Arc weekend.

Last edited:
I couldn't tell you if they are or not to be honest... I can tell you that Mordin is a useless tipster. Galileo is right; he makes his mind up then makes up his theories to fit...

Gal - wasn't that the year Septimus ran in the Prix la Force in April, and Mordin declared after the race to look no further than the placed horses to find the winner of all the European Classics, or some such nonsense?

Back