Pride of Dulcote

Assume Nicholls will follow same pattern as with his other novices and he may end up at Kempton over Christmas.

He's gorgeous looking and jumps better than his talented but ill fated half brother did.

From the RP, the RSA chase it is then!

PRIDE OF DULCOTE followed in the footsteps of stablemate Tataniano when making a very impressive start to his chasing career at Worcester on Wednesday.
Second in the Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle at Cheltenham last season, Pride Of Dulcote was foot perfect on his chase debut and never came off the bridle in the hands of Ruby Walsh.
Stan James were quick to cut the Angela Yeoman-owned six-year-old for the RSA Chase, offering 16-1 (from 25).

Walsh was keen to stay out of trouble on the 1-3 favourite and sent his mount into a clear lead as the tape went up. Pride Of Dulcote settled beautifully in front and jumped far better than his two rivals.

Walsh slowly increased the pace down the back straight and started to move clear of his rivals turning for home. He increased his advantage over the four fences in the home straight and came home six lengths clear of Any Currency.
Winning trainer Paul Nicholls confirmed that all roads will lead to the RSA Chase, he said: “We wanted to get today out of the way as he was a bit clumsy at his hurdles last seasonand we have done a lot of work on his jumping of fences at home.
“There are no real plans at present to where we go next but he could go to Cheltenham for a race at the Paddy Power meeting or to Newbury for a race in November.
“The long term goal is the RSA Chase at Cheltenham in March.”

Did anyone ever find out what happened to him?

I know he injured his pelvis but everyone was so surprised to learn he died after several weeks.

PRIDE OF DULCOTE made a sparkling debut over fences when landing the Fred Rimell Memorial Novices' Chase at Worcester on Wednesday afternoon, but was later reported to be lame by trainer Paul Nicholls.
However, Nicholls stressed that the problem was not serious and it would not rule the six-year-old out for the remainder of the season.
The champion trainer said: "The vet at Worcester has ruled out any serious problem and I suspect the problem with the foot might well be temporary but we will get him home and make further investigations in the morning."

We always get two or three very promising novice chasing performances this time of year. It's not time to go overboard on anything yet.

Dulcote '100 per cent' after Worcester win

By Lee Mottershead5.33PM 22 OCT 2009
PUNTERS who have backed Pride Of Dulcote for the RSA Chase received welcome news on Thursday evening from trainer Paul Nicholls, who described his exciting novice as "100 per cent sound" following an injury scare at Worcester on Wednesday.

RELATED LINKS

• » RSA Chase betting

Runner-up in last seasons' Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle, Pride Of Dulcote produced a flawless first outing over fences, jumping accurately under Ruby Walsh before easing to a six-length success.

Initial delight was followed by concern when Angela Yeoman's six-year-old - quoted at 14-1 and 16-1 for the RSA - was found to be lame on his off-fore foot, but any fears were allayed when Nicholls nominated Newbury's Grade 2 GPG Novices' Chase on November 26 as a likely next outing.
Nicholls said: "He was sound when he came off the lorry last night and he was 100 per cent sound when we trotted him up this morning and this evening. I think he must have just knocked himself, a little like when we bang our ankles. Whatever it was, it was very, very minor.
"He'll be exercised as normal on Friday and then I expect his next run will be at Newbury's Hennessy meeting, though that's not set in stone.
"He is in a race at the Paddy Power meeting, but I'd like to get some more experience into him before taking him to Cheltenham."

Back