Prix D'Ispahan

Guest_

At the Start
Goldikova, Curtain Call, Tazeez, Proviso etc all line up tomorrow.

Disappointed if Goldikova cannot beat this lot handily enough...the worry would be that alot of Freddie Head's stars from last season do not seem to be in the same form this year but hope this one bucks the trend.

Goldikova's couple of defeats of Darjina immediately establish my respect for her ability given how highly I rated the latter.

I'm not sure why Proviso is bigger in the betting than Tazeez?

I like Never on Sunday but think he will probably always be held at this level.

An outsider for a place would be Gris De Gris. Trip and going should suit.

Proviso is a soft ground filly, she won at Deauville in a bog very smartly, as a 2yr old

Exactly. Whilst Tazeez has generally shown a preference for quicker ground. In addition I'm not entirely convinced about the Earl of Sefton form. He was running in handicaps until he beat Steel Tango who has subsequently could only manage third in a listed race.

Third favourite in a soft-ground Group 1? Not for me.

Tazeez is a Group One horse in the making, I am absolutely convinced of it. He is improving with every run and his times in the Cambridgeshire and at the Craven meeting were nothing short of sensational, proper Group One times. If the ground was good or better tomorrow, I'd be having simply the biggest bet of my life at 6/1. However, I can't have him on soft ground so I'll have a small interest.

I think Gris De Gris is a huge price but I haven't gone through it in great depth yet having just got in from Newbury.

I thought Goldikova would be odds on for this and was going to bet big, but the price is putting a few doubts in my head.. Her best form is miles clear of the others, albeit there are a few rivals who could potentially improve..

Tazeez is a Group One horse in the making, I am absolutely convinced of it. He is improving with every run and his times in the Cambridgeshire and at the Craven meeting were nothing short of sensational, proper Group One times. If the ground was good or better tomorrow, I'd be having simply the biggest bet of my life at 6/1. However, I can't have him on soft ground so I'll have a small interest.

I think Gris De Gris is a huge price but I haven't gone through it in great depth yet having just got in from Newbury.
Couldn't agree more and providing the ground is 'actually' soft I'll be playing this to a good stake ew.

If not however and I feel the ground is riding quicker than advised, I'll be having a big wager on Tazeez.

I would never keep a three year old filly in training the following year. I`d have saved about £500 if Darjina had been packed off to stud so there was no way I was going down the same road with Goldikova. How did she run?

Not great. The front two were a class apart. Gris De Gris always prominent and ran away from all bar one of the field. Never on Sunday last to first up the inside rail.

Back